2019 albums

Goto page Previous  123 ... 252627 ... 505152  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
rkm wrote:
Dreamy folky indie pop: Tiny Ruins โ€˜Olympic Girlsโ€™.


Oh my...listening to the first song right meow and I already love it ๐Ÿฅฐ

thank u so much rkm!
_________________
Not Talulah?
- Gosh!
  • Quote

The Mirage by Chasms
a great little minimalist ethereal wave album.
_________________
follow me on the bandcamp.
  • Quote
Finally getting around to 2019 releases, what are some good sexy beautiful glamoramy releases out there, also seen Kitty put out a new album without me knowing and now I must go bang my head on the wall in shame
  • Quote
New Bill Callahan and Peggy Gou (DJ Mix) announced for next month. FlyLo in a few weeks.

In the meantime, going to give the new Vampire Weekend a spin.


And you can't miss this one:


A Quiet Farwell, Twenty Sixteen To Twenty Eighteen by Slauson Malone

Think Caretaker, but hip-hop. Or maybe the instrumentals to Some Rap Songs. It's a great project.
_________________
Doubles & Conch
  • Quote
I don't know about everyone else, but I think Holly Herndon just dropped the clear AOTY so far. It's like if The Knife wanted to make OK Computer.
_________________
Doubles & Conch
  • Quote
Hayden wrote:
I don't know about everyone else, but I think Holly Herndon just dropped the clear AOTY so far. It's like if The Knife wanted to make OK Computer.


oh shit -- will listen asap. ive only heard eternal but it was easily her best track to date
_________________
My top songs of the 2010s
and
Spotify link

Last.fm
  • Quote
Hayden wrote:
I don't know about everyone else, but I think Holly Herndon just dropped the clear AOTY so far. It's like if The Knife wanted to make OK Computer.

this has been the most anticipated release of the year for me, and i've been listening to it all morning. initial impressions: impressed. it's much more consistent than platform, which was incredible in its own right. not sure i get the OKC or Knife references though, to be honest.

but yeah... this is a great album.

edit to add: I just read some of the album's backstory. She apparently wrote some sort of AI collaborator to help her create the album (she's a PhD student at Stanford researching music and machine learning, so I guess that makes sense). It's pretty wild.
_________________
follow me on the bandcamp.
  • Quote

We Grown Now. by Tree

You are all fast asleep. Tree dropped a masterpiece. Introspective, proudly working class, bluesy, gravelly-voiced, Chicagoan soultrap. A man who used to be somewhat workmanlike is now one of the most intriguing rappers alive, and nobody has a better voice for this shit. Imagine if early Kanye and Chance weren't self-righteous bell-ends and just wanted to be Scarface, and you're halfway there. Album of the year. I could listen to this man read the Yellow Pages.
_________________
2021 in full effect. Come drop me some recs. Y'all know what I like.
  • Quote
pa wrote:
Oh my...listening to the first song right meow and I already love it ๐Ÿฅฐ

thank u so much rkm!


Youโ€™re welcome. Go back and check out this album also. I love it.


Brightly Painted One by Tiny Ruins
  • Quote
rkm wrote:
Go back and check out this album also. I love it.

I will, thanks!


Titanic Rising by Weyes Blood is amazing.
wow...:shock:
_________________
Not Talulah?
- Gosh!

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  123 ... 252627 ... 505152  Next
Page 26 of 52


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
[ Poll ] (Closed) 2015-2019 Round 1: Tame Impa... babyBlueSedan Tournaments
[ Poll ] (Closed) 2015-2019 Play-in: Nick Cave... babyBlueSedan Tournaments
[ Poll ] (Closed) 2015-2019 Round 2: Laura Mar... babyBlueSedan Tournaments
2019 best year of the music of the 21... StreakyNuno Music
[ Poll ] (Closed) 2015-2019 Round 1: The Chats... babyBlueSedan Tournaments

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.