Speculate to accumulate Kiki. Iโve picked up about 130 odd LPs this year (much lower than usual for obvious reasons) but sold around 50 or so that I either no longer listen to or bought purely on impulse as they were cheap, didnโt see myself caring if I parted with them and thought I could make a little profit from and reinvest.
Example - bought an album a few months back by Ernest Ranglin (famous Jamaican guitarist) for ยฃ9. Not listed on Discogs and thought it was worth taking a punt on. Anyway, it was rubbish. So instead of keeping it I stuck it on for sale for a ridiculous amount (ยฃ150) and reduced it incrementally until someone bit. Which they did. At ยฃ100.
Thereโs also some good Facebook auction groups (picked up a ยฃ70 Stereolab 7โ for 8 quid from one) and record fairs (when theyโve been on) continue to be a happy hunting ground. Just donโt buy your records off Amazon or from HMV, but instead trawl through the second hand sections in independent record shops, and pop into antique shops, flea markets and charity shops every so often as you never know (still canโt get over finding an early pressing of Kind Of Blue at the Cats Protection League for ยฃ1.99 a couple of years back).
Car boots though are crap unless you turn up at 6am. I like my Sunday lie-ins too much to bother these days.
Thank you for the wealth of information Jimmy!
So I am assuming your travels have gone down in previous year. Without the browsing in charity shops or carboots can you still pinpoint what you still want? Like if you decide you want one thing would you throw all your recourses at it or is the thrill of a surpirse greater?
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum