2022 Music

Goto page Previous  123 ... 232425 ... 272829  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
November 18th, 2022: And In The Darkness, Hearts Aglow by Weyes Blood


Link


  • Quote

Real Bad Flights (iiye Bootleg) by Pink Siifu & Real Bad Man

Don't miss out on this one. Siifu and Real Bad Man (you might know him from his Boldy James collabs) deliver some excellent abstract hip-hop. Its very mellow and lush while still keeping it interesting with some experimental beat choices. Excellent features most notably Armand Hammer and Boldy James, but basically everyone delivers. Four additional songs if you buy the (iiye Bootleg) version on bandcamp. But the streaming version still has 9 tracks.
_________________
Griselda, by Fashion Rebels
2020's Hip-Hop
2020's Country
  • Quote



Ka dropped two new albums ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Hitting play on them as soon as I can.
_________________
Doubles & Conch
  • Quote
Hayden wrote:



Ka dropped two new albums ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Hitting play on them as soon as I can.


AYO!
_________________
Griselda, by Fashion Rebels
2020's Hip-Hop
2020's Country
  • Quote
There's finally a release date, November 11th. I already love the first single "Shut Him Up". The track I am most looking forward to hearing now is Lauren's version of Mahalia Jackson's "How I Got Over".
  • Quote

Evergreen by Caroline Shaw / Attacca Quartet

long-awaited sequel to 2019's chamber masterpiece orange.


Sahar by Tamino

belgian singer/songwriter with religious undertones. equal parts jeff buckley and leonard cohen, albeit shyer on experience.
_________________
follow me on the bandcamp.
  • Quote

If I Don't Have Red I Use Blue by Crow Billiken

Remember that Milo guy? From a few years back. Goes by R.A.P. Ferreira sometimes. Scallops Hotel.

This is Crow Billiken.

And he plays the blues.

He's pretty good at it.


The Muslim Highlife Of Alhaji Waziri Oshomah by Alhaji Waziri Oshomah

Somewhere between William Onyeabor, Celestine Ukwu and K Frimpongโ€” a 'Muslim Highlife' comp released by David Byrne's label's World Spirituality Classics series.

(I've yet to hear the entire thing, but I feel like it needs a quick shoutoutโ€” has the makings of a stapleโ€” will get around to the second half this weekend)


Sultan by Alune Wade

Not as hot off the press, but this one hit me. Wasn't until about halfway through the first spin that I realized how good it was. Was worried it might have been a bit too overproduced/clean/safe, but the record has a great vibe. Think Wade's fronting the band with the bassโ€” overall musicianship's ace.


Home Recordings 2018 - 2021 by Yara Asmar

Some sort of stop-motion-cinematic dream to slip into.
Close your eyes.
It's there.


Horizons by Jasmine Myra

Did I already post this? I may have already posted this...
Just in case, here it is (again?โ€” I'll double check in one sec).
Has that Portico Quartet-esque mix of avant-jazz and minimalist classical/chamber.
Lovely album.
Among the year's best.


New Rina Sawayama was too loud for me.
Ka releases were solid. Don't sleep on those.
Jockstrap's great.
Bret McKenzie (Flight of the Conchords/The Muppets) released an album.
The Stranger Things kids are coming for us too.
_________________
Doubles & Conch


Last edited by Hayden on 09/24/2022 13:06; edited 1 time in total
  • Quote
Camโ€™ron just dropped AOTY. Donโ€™t sleep.
_________________
2021 in full effect. Come drop me some recs. Y'all know what I like.
  • Quote
The new Comet record is amazing, didn't even know I needed electronic jazz in my life. And it's not just "jazz with hints of Tangerine Dream" like some of Herbie Hancock's 70s work (which I also adore), it genuinely feels like the guys could make a decent fully electronic album if they wanted to. The opening one two punch of Code and Technicolour is incredible, but Angel of Darkness is my current jam. Probably the favourite Shabaka affiliated album. If anyone knows other bands/albums which operate within this (or similar) niche, please do share.


Hyper-Dimensional Expansion Beam by The Comet Is Coming
_________________
Overall chart
Fake overall chart

2020s
  • Quote
There's a new Pixies album...


Doggerel by Pixies

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  123 ... 232425 ... 272829  Next
Page 24 of 29


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Sticky: Music Diaries SuedeSwede Music Diaries
[ Poll ] 2022 BST Rd1: Go Downstairs to the Bl... cestuneblague Tournaments
Top 5 concerts of 2022 LedZep Music Diaries
[ Poll ] 2022 BST Rd1: Girlkind v Beautiful James cestuneblague Tournaments
Best Films of 2022 [Poll][Dead] Hayden Movies & TV

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.