Album of the day (#5366): Violator by Depeche Mode

View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
Today's album of the day

Violator by Depeche Mode (View album | Buy this album)

Year: 1990.
Country:
Overall rank: 102
Average rating: 83/100 (from 1381 votes).



Tracks:
1. World In My Eyes
2. Sweetest Perfection
3. Personal Jesus
4. Halo
5. Waiting For The Night
6. Enjoy The Silence
7. Policy Of Truth
8. Blue Dress
9. Clean

About album of the day: The BestEverAlbums.com album of the day is the album appearing most prominently in member charts in the previous 24 hours. If an album, or artist, has previously been selected within a x day period, the next highest album is picked instead (and so on) to ensure a bit of variety. A full history of album of the day can be viewed here.
  • Quote
Great!

Track picks
3. Personal Jesus
5. Waiting For The Night
6. Enjoy The Silence
7. Policy Of Truth
_________________
Inversion Verses
https://thesplitinfinitives1.bandcamp.com/album/inversion-verses
  • Quote
Without question my favourite depeche mode album.

Personal Jesus is a classic
  • Quote
Again albummaster, you are watching me. I was listening to the singles from this album YESTERDAY, for the first time in years and I thought to myself that I am becoming a big Depeche Mode fan, and I should revisit it. Then today, it's album of the day. I've lost count how many times you've done this.

Last time I heard it was like 2022, and I hated most of the songs. Now I love the singles, especially Personal Jesus and Policy of Truth. Hopefully I'll start liking the others when I relisten. My favorite of them still is Songs of Faith And Devotion.
_________________
My Top 100 :
www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?c=4...amp;page=1

My music:
- www.hyperfollow.com/dommedamian
  • Quote
"Halo" is my favorite DM track ever, but I'd still rank this album at #3 behind Construction Time Again and Some Great Reward. I might even rank it at #4, with Black Celebration at #3, except Black Celebration ends with "(Princess Di is Wearing a) New Dress," which might be my least-favorite DM track ever. I still have no idea why they felt compelled to needlessly tack that on at the end of such an otherwise-superb album. On Violator, at least the song about a dress (track 8, "Blue Dress") is a lot better than that one, and it doesn't mention Princess Di at all. Not that I have anything against Princess Di. Well, actually, she did once borrow my copy of ABBA's Voulez-Vous album and never returned it, but it's fine, I really had no business owning that album in the first place. Not that I have anything against ABBA. They're from Sweden, after all. Not that I have anything against Sweden.

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Sticky: What album are you listening to? (cont.) albummaster Music
Sticky: Release Day Eve Repo Music
Depeche Mode Guest Music
[ Poll ] CLOSED: PPNW - R2: Television Persona... videoheadcleaner Tournaments
Depeche Mode... Guest Music

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.