In Remembrance Of Those Who Are Gone

Goto page Previous  123 ... 828384 ... 878889  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
I remember going to see Roger Hodgson in concert and waiting for him to play my favourite Supertramp song. 'Bloody Well Right'. I didn't know โ€” or care โ€” that it was written by Rick Davies. And I did not know that they would only play songs they had written themselves. What a shame they had to split up. Well, everything has to end, and Supertramp had its time. The best part was over anyway, when they released Breakfast in America.

One of the ironies of pop history is that they had to make a poor album (at least compared to Crime of the Century) to be successful in the US.

R.I.P. Rick Davies.
_________________
When the stewardess is near do not show any fear.
  • Quote

Whatever Next (1989) by Danny Thompson

Not a passing that will get much coverage but we lost a legend today.

Fabulous multi instrumentalist. Saw him play quite a few times especially with John martyn. Great bloke. Will be sadly missed
  • Quote
D'Angelo

Rest in peace ๐Ÿ™ ๐Ÿ˜ข
  • Quote
My baby D'Angelo ๐Ÿ˜ข
This shocked me. Gonna listen to my two favorite soul-albums ever (Brown Sugar and Voodoo) again and again and again, like I already had!
Fuck cancer.
_________________
My Top 100 :
www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?c=4...amp;page=1

My music:
- www.hyperfollow.com/dommedamian
  • Quote
Rest in peace Mr D'Angelo
  • Quote
  • โค๏ธ albummaster, โค๏ธ baystateoftheart


Without a doubt not the news I was expecting to wake up toโ€”

This is the loss of a legend, decades too young.

Although it was nine years ago now, one of the most vivid performances in remembrance to Prince was his Sometimes It Snows In Aprilโ€”
Didn't think he'd be getting his own memorials so soon.

Infamously recluse and sparse in material, he's going to go down as an all-time greatโ€” Brown Sugar, Voodoo and The Black Messiahโ€” three unique masterpieces spread across three decadesโ€” is an iron-clad legacy. Discography of legends. When Black Messiah dropped? I mean... momentousโ€”

And with a final, very, very selfish thought, I'm genuinely sad this most likely means we will not see another album by him. I was looking forward to seeing how he'd grown as an artist since Black Messiah. Thought maybe he had something under his sleeve. There's too much talent there to leave so soonโ€” this was a special guy, and I'm glad he got his chance to shineโ€”

Rest easy D'angeloโ€”
&, in your wordsโ€”
Shit. Damn. Motherfucker.
_________________
Doubles & Conch
  • Quote

Ace Frehley (1978) by Ace Frehley

1951-2025
_________________
I'm leaning on the threshold
Of her mystery
And crashing through the walls
Of dying history
  • Quote
Romanelli wrote:

Ace Frehley (1978) by Ace Frehley

1951-2025
Damn, another legend of the classic rock era. KISS had quite a run in the mid-70s.
  • Quote
  • โค๏ธ Romanelli


Lรด Borges has passed away, according to his family. Young man was only 20 when he debuted on the scene with this masterpieceโ€”


Clube Da Esquina (1972) by Milton Nascimento / Lรด Borges

And, a sad note to mentionโ€” news came that Milton Nascimento (who released a pretty solid album last year with Esperanza Spalding) was diagnosed with dementia a few weeks agoโ€”

I hope it's an album that only gets more recognition in time. Deserves itโ€”
_________________
Doubles & Conch
  • Quote
  • โค๏ธ albummaster, ๐Ÿ˜จ Johnnyo
Gary "Mani" Mounfield
1962-2025
Bassist



The Stone Roses
1987-96, 2011-17

Primal Scream
1996-2011
_________________
I'm leaning on the threshold
Of her mystery
And crashing through the walls
Of dying history

New topic  Post reply
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  123 ... 828384 ... 878889  Next
Page 83 of 89


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
For those over 40... Captain_Dude Music
Those "classic" albums you ... Guest Music
Those GRAMMY Awards... Jackwc Music
[ Poll ] But those candles have wax, Jim!: Hap... cestuneblague Lounge
ALC #9: Those Days Are Over by WILSN mickilennial Music

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.