Thanks to everyone who participated! This is the first week in this series that we have had every eligible album get at least one number 1 vote. The results are:
6: Strangeways, Here We Come:
First Place Votes: 1
Thumbnail. Click to enlarge.
5: Louder Than Bombs:
First Place Votes: 3
4: Hatful of Hollow (tied in points with Meat is Murder)
First Place Votes: 3.5
The Smiths had 4 proper releases, so I am rating those:
1. The Queen Is Dead
2. Meat Is Murder
3. The Smiths
4. Strangeways, Here We Come
With the compilations (including these is like comparing apples to oranges...):
1. The Queen Is Dead
2. Meat Is Murder
3. The Smiths
4. Strangeways, Here We Come
5. Hatful of Hollow
6. Louder Than Bombs
Edit: Revising the list above - I love both compilations but like Secondsoul said below would be unfair to their proper releases... _________________ "And canโt you see youโre in on it?
You were born though you need not
And is that not some cause
For worship, being born among these trees?"
Last edited by NickVolos on 04/26/2014 17:37; edited 1 time in total
I do understand the inclusion of Hatful of Hollow, I'm puzzled by the presence of Louder than Bombs (over, say, The World Won't Listen for instance).
I was debating that too since they are essentially the same (minus a few tracks), but since "Louder than Bombs" is ranked higher I included that. If you would like me to include "The World Won't Listen" with the rankings I'd be happy to oblige.
1. The Smiths
2. Meat Is Murder
3. The Queen Is Dead
4. Strangeways, Here We Come
5. Hatful of Hollow
6. Louder Than Bombs
One of my favourite bands of alltime. Hatful of Hollow and Louder Than Bombs are both excellent compilations but I would consider it unfair to rate them higher than an original work!
HazeyTwilightboyfriend in your wet dreamsProfile Elmo Knows Where You Live
The first of these ranking things where I can't vote cuz I haven't heardall of them yet. I will see if I can in the next little bit. What I have heard I haven't loved. Honestly the Smiths are number 1 or 2 on my "I just don't understand what my friends love so much about them!" List. But I've heard Strangeways, Meat Is murder and Queen Is Dead. Of them Strangeways I've enjoyed the most. _________________ -Ryan
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum