BSAT Round #3: Kanye West vs. Kendrick Lamar

Goto page 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic

Poll: ,,,, and ??? Walrus?
Kanye West:
44%
 44%  [15]
Kendrick Lamar:
55%
 55%  [19]
Total Votes : 34

  • Quote
Kanye West

Captain: alelsupreme


vs.


Kendrick Lamar

Captain: VilserWusral
  • Quote
I like Good Kid... better than any Kanye album. Lamar it is.
  • Quote
yeezy season approachin
_________________
My top songs of the 2010s
and
Spotify link

Last.fm
  • Quote
Gotta go Kendrick, if only because his discography is just so much more consistent (which, you could reasonably argue, is to be expected given the fact that he's released about half the amount of solo material). But seriously, he hasn't put out anything that's tarnished my view of him yet, whereas I'm pretty indifferent to just about everything Kanye has done since 2007. In that time, there have been three fantastic releases from Kendrick, the best of which are on par with Kanye's best. In fact, I'd take GKMC over any Kanye album at this point - even his first two - and I'd be tempted to take Section.80 ahead of any Kanye album too, if that ridiculous choice were to ever be offered. For all I love Late Registration, and large parts of The College Dropout, they still don't speak to me in the same way that Kendrick's best two do. If we were talking in terms of musical ability, you'd have to say Kanye was more talented. Similarly, if we were talking solely in terms of rapping ability, you'd have to say Kendrick was more talented. In terms of recorded output, Kendrick just about edges this for me.
_________________
2021 in full effect. Come drop me some recs. Y'all know what I like.
  • Quote
revolver94 wrote:
yeezy season approachin
  • Quote
revolver94 wrote:
yeezy season approachin

_________________
Romanelli wrote:
We're all fucked, lads.
  • Quote
It was tough. But I voted for Kanye. Because I love 4 of his albums even though none of them I love as much as GKMC. It was career/cumulative decision. I'm much more excited about Kendrick's future than Kanye's, however.
_________________
-Ryan

ONLY 4% of people can understand this chart! Come try!

My Fave Metal - you won't believe #5!!!
  • Quote
Lamar
  • Quote
K-Dot easy. Kanye is a great producer and I like his first few albums, but nothing he's done comes close to touching Good Kid or Section.80 for me.
  • Quote
Kendrick is a very talented rapper but few people have come close to achieving in music what Kanye has managed in the last 10 years.

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page 12  Next
Page 1 of 2


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
[ Poll ] BSAT Round #4: Tim Hecker vs. Kendric... Guest Tournaments
[ Poll ] BSAT Round #2: Vashti Bunyan vs. Kend... BrandonMiaow Tournaments
[ Poll ] BSAT Round #1: St. Vincent vs. Kendri... Guest Tournaments
[ Poll ] BSAT Round #5: Tom Waits vs. Kendrick... Guest Tournaments
[ Poll ] BSAT Round #2: Kanye West vs. Townes ... Guest Tournaments

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.