What are your favorite music styles?

Goto page 12345  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
I want to get to know everybody and what music they're into. My favorite styles are power pop, power metal, black metal, southern rock, hard rock, poo punk, post-hardcore and folk.

And if anyone has any charts they'd like me to see, I'm happy to rate and comment. I only have one chart, so I'm not begging for feedback. It's only got 40 albums, anyway.
  • Quote
I like a lot of things. But for genres? Since you rated my chart, I enjoy funk, r&b, hip hop, electronic, pop and some jazz. But I do try out other genre and found stuff from county and metal that I like.
  • Quote
Anybody else?
  • Quote
my favorite genre is definitely art pop. others i gravitate to tend to be similar (synthpop, electropop, baroque pop, indie pop, country pop, dream pop, etc.)

my broader trend lately is that I've been delving more into electronic genres, especially house/house-adjacent music - artists like smerz, sassy 009, otha, and kelly lee owens

more immediately recently, I've been listening to a lot of bad bunny and wagner (reggaeton and orchestral music are genres I know little about - espec the former - but want to get more into)

in general, I skew very much toward stuff coming out recently - pretty evident by the ratio of my overall chart.

/welcome to bea!
_________________
My top songs of the 2010s
and
Spotify link

Last.fm
  • Quote
revolver94 wrote:
my favorite genre is definitely art pop. others i gravitate to tend to be similar (synthpop, electropop, baroque pop, indie pop, country pop, dream pop, etc.)

my broader trend lately is that I've been delving more into electronic genres, especially house/house-adjacent music - artists like smerz, sassy 009, otha, and kelly lee owens

more immediately recently, I've been listening to a lot of bad bunny and wagner (reggaeton and orchestral music are genres I know little about - espec the former - but want to get more into)

in general, I skew very much toward stuff coming out recently - pretty evident by the ratio of my overall chart.

/welcome to bea!


I know what you mean about it. I remember being blown away by The Dreaming some time ago, and it's still my favorite art pop album.

I saw your chart and I'm checking out that Lydia Ainsworth album. Given your description of your tastes this seems like the kind of thing a person of your tastes would get into. It's like Never for Ever meets Kid A.
  • Quote
echtzeitmusik, acoustic drone, wandelweiser, minimal & dub techno, glitch, Autechre, pipe organ, improvised solos, traditional musics, primitivism, "1st wave post rock," dub, triphop, gangsta rap singles, DJ Screw mixes, some stoner & funeral doom, footwork, slowcore, some singer-songwriter, avant garde jazz, Texas noise/psych, some other stuff too
  • Quote
saltfish wrote:
Autechre
The best music genre
_________________
Overall chart
Fake overall chart

2020s
  • Quote
I love country and bluegrass music.

God bless you always!!!

Holly
_________________
Me & my favorite singer James Otto

Check him out here when you can!
  • Quote
LedZep wrote:
saltfish wrote:
Autechre
The best music genre
It sure is. I was gonna comment on that but wanted that to be in the background until someone notices.
  • Quote
Jazz, classic soul and funk, rock (tending toward 60s, 70s and experimental but open-minded), blues, afrobeat, most experimental musics etc.

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page 12345  Next
Page 1 of 5


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Sticky: Music Diaries SuedeSwede Music Diaries
Guitar styles: David Gilmour, Kevin S... Yann Music
How Your Favorite Bands/Albums Became... Guest Music
What is your favorite video game music? mark520 Tournaments
Describe what your favorite music mak... Guest Music

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.