Today is the 25th anniversary of "Surfer Rosa"!

Goto page 123  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
Happy birthday Surfer Rosa! We love you buddy!

I'm gonna go back and listen to that record, and take a break from my JT kick, in celebration!

Yay!!!
_________________
-Ryan

ONLY 4% of people can understand this chart! Come try!

My Fave Metal - you won't believe #5!!!
  • Quote
Well it's on my chart so I love it obviously. Will stick it onto my phone today in order so I can listen to it.
  • Quote
Nice! I think there should be like a "this date in album history" feature! It's super corny, but it could be cool. Like a second album of the day every few days!
Tomorrow is "Please Please Me"'s 50th anniversary! Think of that! That's 50 years of Beatles albums. That should be a holiday for BEA considering how fudging predominant The Beatles are here (and everywhere).
_________________
-Ryan

ONLY 4% of people can understand this chart! Come try!

My Fave Metal - you won't believe #5!!!
  • Quote
Mercurydylan89 wrote:
Nice! I think there should be like a "this date in album history" feature! It's super corny, but it could be cool. Like a second album of the day every few days!
Tomorrow is "Please Please Me"'s 50th anniversary! Think of that! That's 50 years of Beatles albums. That should be a holiday for BEA considering how fudging predominant The Beatles are here (and everywhere).


Yeah, it was the 50th anniversary of Dylan's first album a couple days ago too I think. Please Please Me is actually my favourite Beatles album. A feature like that would be pretty neat, but since we don't keep the specific album release dates on the database it would just lead to people going elsewhere to find the information, which makes BEA even having that feature sort of redundant. I dunno, could work.
  • Quote
Yeah! I see whatcha mean on not having all the data. I'd love it. Ill suggest it and see what happens.

I can't fudgin beleive I missed the 50th anniversary of Dylan's debut. That woulda been treated as a holiday for me. I sorta worship his music.

Oh and ELVIS's debut is coming on its, what, 57th anniversary in 2 days. This seems to be a great trio of important days for Indie/Alternative, Rock/Pop and Rock and Roll!

Anyway, boom!

I need to listen to Please Please me again. I don't even own it just yet. I remember it has a lot of energy. Ill get it tomorrow to celebrate its birthday!
_________________
-Ryan

ONLY 4% of people can understand this chart! Come try!

My Fave Metal - you won't believe #5!!!
  • Quote
Mercurydylan89 wrote:
I can't fudgin beleive I missed the 50th anniversary of Dylan's debut. That woulda been treated as a holiday for me. I sorta worship his music.


That makes two of us.
  • Quote
My love and respect for you has increased markedly, my friend. Love in a friendly, Bob Marley, hippie sorta way.
_________________
-Ryan

ONLY 4% of people can understand this chart! Come try!

My Fave Metal - you won't believe #5!!!
  • Quote
Mercurydylan89 wrote:
Nice! I think there should be like a "this date in album history" feature! It's super corny, but it could be cool. Like a second album of the day every few days!


I'm quite liking this idea!

Also as a massive Pixies fan happy birthday to Surfer Rosa! Fantastic album and I'm listening to it now due to this thread!
_________________


2023
2022
  • Quote
Patman360 wrote:
I'm quite liking this idea!

Also as a massive Pixies fan happy birthday to Surfer Rosa! Fantastic album and I'm listening to it now due to this thread!

-------
YESSSSS!!! I'm glad we're in accord. How would I go about possibly suggesting this? Just write to that top thread on suggestions?
_________________
-Ryan

ONLY 4% of people can understand this chart! Come try!

My Fave Metal - you won't believe #5!!!
  • Quote
So I'm just gonna throw this out there.


Better than Doolittle

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page 123  Next
Page 1 of 3


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
This Date In Music (4/5): Tracy Chapm... Mercury Music
Today is the 50th anniversary of &quo... Mercury Music
Album of the day (#374): Surfer Rosa ... BestEverAlbums Music
[ Poll ] BDAT Rd. 3 - Is This It vs. Surfer Ro... Guest Tournaments
[ Poll ] BDAT Rd. 6 - Surfer Rosa vs. Unknown ... Guest Tournaments

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.