The Who's "Quadrophenia" vs. Pink Floyd's "Th

Goto page 123  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic

Poll: Which is better: "Quadrophenia" or "The Wall"
Quadrophenia:
40%
 40%  [25]
The Wall:
52%
 52%  [32]
They're Both Equal:
6%
 6%  [4]
Total Votes : 61

  • Quote
Well, they're both 2 of the most influential and critically acclaimed concept albums of all time, so which is better?
  • Quote
Most things are better than The Wall, so Quadrophenia.
  • Quote
"The Wall" contains beautiful songs but often tends to be too forced in being grand and theatrical, and has some filler, too, while "Quadrophenia" has a general sound / mood that I prefer, but a few songs stand out as being really great. I probably prefer "Quadrophenia" if i have to choose, but still there are a few songs on "The Wall" which I adore, and if i am in the right mood they can give me emotions that nothing on "Quadrophenia" can't.
Anyway, none of the two is among the best works by the two bands, imo.
  • Quote
Quadrophenia. I'm surprised you have to ask.
_________________
What I heard in 2015 and the 2010s so far. Now hearing this.
  • Quote
I don't particularly like much of Quadrophenia, but The Wall is fucking painful.
_________________
2021 in full effect. Come drop me some recs. Y'all know what I like.
  • Quote
I don't particularly dislike the The Wall...Quadrophenia though wins this one.
_________________
"And canโ€™t you see youโ€™re in on it?
You were born though you need not
And is that not some cause
For worship, being born among these trees?"
  • Quote
All the hating on the Wall may be even more over the top than the album itself. I still love it.
_________________
http://jonnyleather.com
  • Quote
I like The Wall, but I find it largely inconsistent with a pompous and grandiose exhibition that at times just does not quite work. Quadrophenia, however in my opinion IS consistent and I like way more songs on it than I do on The Wall.
  • Quote
The wall and I have history, and I don't look back on it fondly. Back when Roger Waters went on that tour, I couldn't get away from the wall. My uncle wouldn't stop preaching it's masterful construction and declaring Waters' lyricism and "message" as something akin to Dylan meets Jesus. I practically had to learn to love the thing out of necessity. He even dragged me a performance of to the aforementioned tour. It was a technically visually impressive experience, and while it works marginally better as a multimedia thing than an album, I still had a lot of trouble even sitting through the first disc, especially when he dove into truly Bono-esque theatrics. If anything this kind of early omnipresent exposure only made me resent the thing that much more in retrospect. I don't even necessarily hate it, but I've come to find it unrelentingly annoying. Over time I've just cared less and less about anything Waters.

Quadrophenia is decent enough. I'd take The Who Sell Out and Live at Leeds any day though. Still, it gets my vote
  • Quote
Quadrophenia is musically better; I prefer The Wall. Although both are arguably the last good/great album from each band, neither has the replay value that most of the earlier albums do. Honestly, due to a handful of wicked acid trips (are we allowed to talk about that here?) I've probably watched the film version of The Wall a couple times in the last year. Haven't listened to either album all the way through in years. I'd say The Wall is the 6th, maybe 7th best Pink Floyd album. I'd put Quadrophenia as The Who's 4th best.

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page 123  Next
Page 1 of 3


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Pink Floyd's "The Endless River&... OKC1 Music
[ Poll ] Best Pink Floyd album? Is it really D... HigherThanTheSun Music
[ Poll ] Pink Floyd: Echoes vs SOYCD Lachapelle Music
Less popular Pink Floyd releases newbands1 Music
[ Poll ] The Beatles vs Pink Floyd Guest Music

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.