I'm not saying people aren't allowed to take influence from The Poe's chart and input this into their chart, but has anyone recently noticed how many new users are creating charts just like The Poe's within about one/two days of being on here. I mean, they're not just charts with various albums the same, no, it's usually the majority of the chart. I just find it too perplexing that they just come on here and pretty much imitate The Poe's chart instantly.
I just figured that he had some sort of weird cabal that migrated from one part of the internet to the other in unison. I imagine them all wearing hats like this to block any stray popular music from their surroundings:
I just figured that he had some sort of weird cabal that migrated from one part of the internet to the other in unison. I imagine them all wearing hats like this to block any stray popular music from their surroundings:
Thumbnail. Click to enlarge.
This may be the best post in awhile. _________________
Plunderphonixx and I share similar interests in music. There's been some confusion in the past on BEA where Plunderphonixx was continually getting banned. It appears the mods believed Plunderphonixx to be the same person as thursdayeno, who also shares somewhat similar interests in music as me. Separate from Plunderphonixx, thursdayeno likes to occasionally stop by with various account names and make similar looking charts, often including Radiohead, Sepultura, Charles Mingus, and Sigur Ros in them, before inevitably getting recognized by a mod and then banned. Plunderphonixx (more originally Freakfolker17) also had a period of creating new accounts and making charts, sometimes also including those previously mentioned artists. Plunderphonixx has a more variety of tendencies, though, like taking a particular liking to Frantz Casseus, Mexican American-Indian music (specifically Yaqui), and Greek artists like Alekos Karavitis.
So anyway, since the confusion with Plunderphonixx/Freakfolker17 and thursdayeno (originally kidamnesiac!) is over, we'll probably see less of these mysterious "copycats". I don't believe they are copying me as much as we happen to use similar sources for a lot of our music, and we also use each other as sources, so naturally, our music charts look similar.
And the reality is, I'm totally a copycat of backyardgypsy. Also, AntiWarhol. And various other RYM users. Also blog sites. ...yea
Yes, and it was a joke I believe. I'm 99% certain that Freakfolker/Plunderphonixxx/whatever is not joj. There is no need to continue banning that user. That said, the mods took a fucking age to ban kida's last account. What happened?
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum