Which Band Has The Worst Fanbase In The Music Industry?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
View previous topic :: View next topic

Poll: The Obligitorys
Queen
2%
 2%  [1]
The Beatles
20%
 20%  [7]
Radiohead
25%
 25%  [9]
Led Zeppelin
5%
 5%  [2]
Rush
22%
 22%  [8]
The Mars Volta
0%
 0%  [0]
Tool
11%
 11%  [4]
Phish
8%
 8%  [3]
Nine Inch Nails
2%
 2%  [1]
Animal Collective
0%
 0%  [0]
Total Votes : 35

Mr. Shankly

United States

• Posted: 04/26/2012 12:04
  • Post subject:
Where's the Grateful Dead? In my experience, those are some of the most obnoxious fans on the planet since their fandom borders on religion. And what about the Insane Clown Posse? You're missing some really obvious ones. Those would be number one and number two for me. Also, straight edge music fans have to be up there, as well as anyone who listens to some neo nazi hardcore group.
  • Visit poster's website
Kiki

• Posted: 04/26/2012 12:49
  • Post subject:
Mr. Shankly wrote:
Where's the Grateful Dead? In my experience, those are some of the most obnoxious fans on the planet since their fandom borders on religion. And what about the Insane Clown Posse? You're missing some really obvious ones. Those would be number one and number two for me. Also, straight edge music fans have to be up there, as well as anyone who listens to some neo nazi hardcore group.

I've never met a big Grateful Dead fan I think. What do the biggest fans of them lot do?
Mr. Shankly

United States

• Posted: 04/27/2012 01:15
  • Post subject:
an_outlaw wrote:
I've never met a big Grateful Dead fan I think. What do the biggest fans of them lot do?

Well, first off they're hippies, or worse, closet hippies. Let's see... In England, think of someone who listens to Jamiroqai. Second of all, the most avid of them tend to think the Grateful Dead have made the greatest music ever, and even after you listen to their live tapes (because all deadheads will tell you, you can't judge them by their studio albums), it's not possible to convince those fans that some people just don't like The Dead, and in fact, can't stand the jam band aesthetic that they helped to create. They'll go on and on about how the Dead's music incorporates all strands of American music and is thus for everyone, yada yada, and how you should have seen them live, how it was some kind of religious experience dancing around in a circle and swaying side to side while peaking on acid right when The Dead started into "Dark Star." It's like a cult really for the most avid of them. You're probably too young to have run into deadheads when the Grateful Dead were all still alive and touring. To me though, the Grateful Dead represents the moment where the awesome music of the 60's started to take a turn in a direction it shouldn't have gone, excess... Blame the drugs. Blame the counter culture, I guess.

Oh, here's another one: Jimmy Buffett fans.
  • Visit poster's website
junodog4
Future Grumpy Old Man

Canada

• Posted: 04/27/2012 02:15
  • Post subject:
Mr. Shankly wrote:

Definitley ICP fans. Ugh... Juggalos...

There's a whole wanna-be gang culture developed around Juggalos. They paint their faces up and roam the neighbourhoods expecting to intimidate people. They are especially popular with misfit kids who don't fit in anywhere else. Oh yeah... and the music is TERRIBLE.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juggalo

[img]http://bbsimg.ngfiles.com/1/23569000/ngbbs4eed2ec24ea28.jpg [/img]

Link

Link
  • Visit poster's website
Wombi

• Posted: 04/27/2012 02:46
  • Post subject:
I wonder if the high number of votes for Radiohead has been influenced by Kidamesiac? Think
kidamnesiac

• Posted: 04/27/2012 03:26
  • Post subject:
i am a big dead fan

jhereko, maybe one or two

half the time i only say something when someone says they suck
  • Visit poster's website
purple

• Posted: 04/27/2012 16:13
  • Post subject:
I just google imaged "juggalo" and now have no faith in humanity

and radiohead sucks
kidamnesiac

• Posted: 04/27/2012 21:39
  • Post subject:
Godrich received his greatest visibility in 2005[citation needed] for his work on Paul McCartney's Chaos and Creation in the Backyard, a job he got after being recommended by legendary Beatles producer George Martin. According to interviews, the idea of bringing in a younger producer was for McCartney to challenge himself, and accordingly Godrich fired McCartney's touring band on the first day's sessions, and demanded the star abandon songs Godrich felt to be clichéd, over-sentimental or subpar.[3] The resulting album was nominated for several Grammys including Album of the Year, and Godrich was nominated for Producer of the Year.
  • Visit poster's website
thejoj96

• Posted: 04/27/2012 22:22
  • Post subject:
All bands I like