• Posted: 06/15/2012 23:03
  • Post subject:
Fine, no victim card.
videoheadcleaner
formerly Harkan

Australia

• Posted: 06/16/2012 00:33
  • Post subject:
I now live in a country twin and we have one store that sells CDs but at a price I really don't want to pay ($25 for a new album). When I venture back to Adelaide, I go to any independent store I can and I usually find some good gems. There is the yellow and black monster called JB HiFi that takes my money from time to time. But lately, the albums I am searching for are not in these stores.

I have resorted for many years downloading music just to discover artists that I can't spent $25 on to find out I don't like the album. I use eBay and Amazon to get albums I have enjoyed after downloading. I have used iTunes at times but I like having physical copies of my favourite albums.

Beginning of this year, I did get obsessed with music by JG Thirlwell and tried to find what I could. In any Aussie store, I have had no luck. Even on auction sites it has been hard. Luckily that Thirlwell's website has reasonably priced albums so might need to purchase from there.

To answer the question as a whole and to sum up, I do not see a problem in downloading out of print albums. If you hear it and love it, keep trying to find it. We all want to support our favourite artists and do the right thing in purchasing their music through the right channels. But sometimes we don't get what we want. We are in an age that music is a click away and buying an album isn't far removed from that. Keep buying music but diversify if you need to.
  • Visit poster's website
kramerfan86

United States

• Posted: 06/16/2012 04:58
  • Post subject:
On the subject of independent shops I buy used from them whenever I can but their new album prices are just too unreasonable for me. For instance I recently bought an album on amazon, new in one of my local stores it was 10 dollars more expensive than the amazon price. Im willing to try and support local, but Im not willing to sit around and get priced gouged with a smile on my face to do it.
  • Visit poster's website