Rock & Roll R.I.P?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
View previous topic :: View next topic
badfaith

United Kingdom

• Posted: 01/24/2010 01:00
  • Post subject:
an_outlaw wrote:
Badfaith, what would a band/new genre have to do to 100% change your opinion about "the lifestyle and 'attitude'" of Rock and roll and convince you that it is back or it was there all along?

I do think you may be right to a certain extent (most swear words don't pack a punch anymore, the middle finger is almost a symbol of conformity to the rock and roll streotype rather than a sign of rebellion)

Quote:
maxperenchio: Listen to classic rock radio hits- many of the greatest mainstream rock songs of all time took risks they simply wouldn't be allowed to take today. What if Queen was around today? Sorry Freddie, but "Bohemian Rhapsody" just doesn't have a chorus, we can't play it.

In my own opinion, I think the opposite would happen. The songs would be much much more bigger than they were back then. Which is a shame really Sad

I don't know to be honest, I think the uncertainty is my current defining characteristic, it's just highlighted more in regard to my view of music and the music scene... am I just getting old?
"I could be wrong, I could be right... I could be Black, I could be White" (As Public Image observed)
... but I wanted to gauge the truth of this self scrutiny against the views of others, but opinions vary, and I'm none the wiser really, has the music scene changed, or just me- naturally, inevitably (maybe it's nearly old' yeller time for Badfaith!), or maybe both, and to what degree of each?

I may have been making something out of nothing, or maybe Rock and Roll has.
  • Visit poster's website