Keywords for custom charts

View previous topic :: View next topic
Robert Anton Wilson
Epic Proghead

Canada

• Posted: 11/01/2012 16:47
  • Post subject: Keywords for custom charts
I know this may require work and time you do not have enough of free taking into account real life outside of BEA but it would be really cool if there could be a keyword feature added to custom lists so we can browse them.

I know I know the first thing to come up will be people putting too many or irrelevant keywords juts so their chart gets pulled every time but as Blanche DuBois w2ould say "You can always depend on the kindness of strangers". Hum! Not sure that quote is even remotely relevant.
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website
Xavygravy

• Posted: 11/01/2012 22:10
  • Post subject: Re: Keywords for custom charts
Robert Anton Wilson wrote:
I know this may require work and time you do not have enough of free taking into account real life outside of BEA but it would be really cool if there could be a keyword feature added to custom lists so we can browse them.

I know I know the first thing to come up will be people putting too many or irrelevant keywords juts so their chart gets pulled every time but as Blanche DuBois w2ould say "You can always depend on the kindness of strangers". Hum! Not sure that quote is even remotely relevant.

"Daylight never exposed so total a ruin!"
  • Visit poster's website
albummaster
Janitor

Site Admin

• Posted: 11/02/2012 07:43
  • Post subject: Re: Keywords for custom charts
Robert Anton Wilson wrote:

Hi, this is something that will be added when tagging is introduced to the site. People will be able to tag charts how they like, and there'll be a way for people to browse using those tags. The most popular tags will rise to the top (there might end up being a cap or something on how many tags a member can enter per item to get around the issue you've raised).
  • Visit poster's website

• Posted: 11/02/2012 11:14
  • Post subject:
Gonna borrow this thread for something super small. Under some charts, there's a link that says "Related Links: top charts of all time". When clicking that link now, it instead brings me to the "top-rated albums of all time". Simple and not much of a bother, but I suppose it's a detail worth pointing out for a quick fix.
albummaster
Janitor

Site Admin

• Posted: 11/02/2012 14:28
  • Post subject:
thanks for pointing out, I'll get that fixed asap ...
  • Visit poster's website