Chart Ratings not showing

View previous topic :: View next topic
Xavygravy

• Posted: 07/21/2012 10:57
  • Post subject: Chart Ratings not showing
Whenever I rate a chart, it shows for me where you choose the rating (even after refreshing) BUT my rating doesn't show under the list of ratings the chart has received.

Is this because it needs time to update (this wasn't the case previously), or is just not working?

e.g. I rated Applerill's 1990s chart a 95/100, and it shows I've given this rating, but it doesn't show under the list of ratings the chart has received along with everyone else's, nor does the number of ratings update.
  • Visit poster's website
Xavygravy

• Posted: 07/23/2012 04:24
  • Post subject:
When I look under the "Ratings" section of my profile, I can see all my recent ratings, but not under the "Showing latest 5 ratings for this chart." section of someone's chart. Nor can I see my comments.

This is the case for chart ratings/comments from a month ago (and I haven't checked further back).
  • Visit poster's website
Xavygravy

• Posted: 07/23/2012 05:29
  • Post subject:
I worked out what it is - there's still that dumb rule where if ANY of your charts aren't open to feedback from the public, then ALL of your ratings/comments of other charts are hidden.

I thought it was agreed upon previously (in another topic) that you can provide feedback on someone else's chart (and it will show) given that:
a) you have the same chart (e.g. chart for the same decade) open to feedback
or b) if you haven't created the same chart, you require your overall chart or a chart a 'level' above the one you rated open to feedback e.g. you must have a 90s decade chart (or an overall chart) open to feedback in order to rate someone else's 90s decade or year charts.

This goes by the basis that you can't harshly rate someone else's chart without letting someone else provide feedback on a similar chart of yours (hence deterring 'troll' ratings).
  • Visit poster's website
albummaster
Janitor

Site Admin

• Posted: 07/23/2012 08:24
  • Post subject:
sorry Xavy for delay in responding. tbh, I thought all ratings should show on the relevant chart, but some might be flagged up in some way as not contributing (I can't remember exactly, I think I will need to check the code to see what's really happening, but I think you are probably right as to what *should* be happening.)
  • Visit poster's website
Norman Bates

France

• Posted: 11/06/2012 17:54
  • Post subject:
Digging this up to share an issue I have: whenever I try to enter a custom chart comment, it doesn't show. I'm guessing this has to do with the fact that I have a "private custom" chart myself. Thing is, this chart is only private because the site won't let me change this setting, the page is stuck (it's my "French chart"). I had nothing to do with privatising the chart in the first place. Have I guessed right? What can I do?
  • Visit poster's website

• Posted: 11/06/2012 17:58
  • Post subject:
albummaster wrote:
sorry Xavy for delay in responding. tbh, I thought all ratings should show on the relevant chart, but some might be flagged up in some way as not contributing (I can't remember exactly, I think I will need to check the code to see what's really happening, but I think you are probably right as to what *should* be happening.)

There is a member whos comment and rating hasn't shown up on my chart, but I figured out who it is. For some reason I feel it inappropriate to namedrop the person, but I doubt they would mind.
albummaster
Janitor

Site Admin

• Posted: 11/07/2012 08:08
  • Post subject:
Norman Bates wrote:
Digging this up to share an issue I have: whenever I try to enter a custom chart comment, it doesn't show. I'm guessing this has to do with the fact that I have a "private custom" chart myself. Thing is, this chart is only private because the site won't let me change this setting, the page is stuck (it's my "French chart"). I had nothing to do with privatising the chart in the first place. Have I guessed right? What can I do?

Those comments should now be displayed (the background logic hadn't been updated when the public/private setting was added). The same applies for The Poe (comments weren't showing for the same reason), but this should now be ok.

The French chart should now be ok as well (it's no longer private, but you might want to enable member feedback - I've left feedback disabled). Please let me know if you get any more problems, and sorry about the recent issues.
  • Visit poster's website
Norman Bates

France

• Posted: 11/07/2012 08:39
  • Post subject:
albummaster wrote:
you might want to enable member feedback

Won't work - stuck on 99% again Sad
  • Visit poster's website
albummaster
Janitor

Site Admin

• Posted: 11/07/2012 10:12
  • Post subject:
Think that's weird. I just updated it by impersonating your account, so it must be something local, although I'm using the same browser (Chrome). I wonder if something is blocking it, maybe a browser add-on or something. I'll do some more checks this end to see if I can reproduce the same issue.
  • Visit poster's website
Norman Bates

France

• Posted: 11/07/2012 15:14
  • Post subject:
albummaster wrote:
Think that's weird. I just updated it by impersonating your account, so it must be something local, although I'm using the same browser (Chrome). I wonder if something is blocking it, maybe a browser add-on or something. I'll do some more checks this end to see if I can reproduce the same issue.

The problem is definitely on my end - some script off or something, but just on this one particular page as every other works fine. However, as you may have seen, I have finally managed to update the chart via another browser, and if I need to do it again, I'll do it the same way. Thank very much for all the trouble albummaster.
  • Visit poster's website