Getting Tired of Albums

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic
maxperenchio

• Posted: 04/14/2010 19:38
  • Post subject:
Most of my indie collection has eventually faded away into obscurity. I'll plop on a few record sides of whatever was cool according to Pitchfork two or three years ago, and it usually seems pretty forgettable. Indie folk especially seems to be the bane of my existence these days. Its like every time I hear one of those whimpering, prissies sing about animals, houses, or historical figures I just wanna go back in time and kick my own ass for ever illegally downloading it from a blog aggregate in the first place . At that point i throw on a maintenance "Out of the Cellar" by Ratt and proceed to punch my girlfriend's lights out.
  • Visit poster's website
  • Send email
Bork
Executive Hillbilly

United States
  • Posted: 04/14/2010 19:51
  • Post subject:
purple wrote:
Many albums are great enough to play for a couple weeks straight and think they're jesus christ on a disc. However, it's the albums that persist through the years (emphasis on yearssss) and define your life changes and that you love to and dance to and drink to and enjoy yourself to that should be on your list.

Agreed, in theory. That is what defines a great album, that it persists through the years. The ever-appearing problem with that approach, though, is that it makes it very difficult to say anything sensible about great albums from the last decade and we'd be stuck with lists of great albums from the 60s and 70s (of course...that's what my list looks like).
  • Visit poster's website