New My Bloody Valentine.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19
View previous topic :: View next topic
Happymeal
  • Posted: 02/07/2013 02:40
  • Post subject:
I did review it on rateyourmusic actually, I wouldn't say I did a great job because I still think I haven't let my feelings for this album sink in. If anything, I think it's trying to be "Remain in Light' (not necessarily intentional). i felt that odd vibe throughout the album that I feel when listening to remain in light. I'm not sure how many people agree with my comparison though, but that's besides the point.

Of course, the last three tracks are amazing (in my opinion), they were engaging, entertaining, powerful. Throughout the album I was just a tad bit bored, but then out of nowhere, some rocking tracks come and just surprise me. If there's anyone thing I can say I like about this album, it's the last three tracks, My Bloody Valentine were on the ball with those ones and I have a feeling if I enjoyed the album a bit more, those tracks would standout even more.
  • Posted: 02/07/2013 03:37
  • Post subject:
purple wrote:

favorite track: if i am

TOTALLY with you on that one.. 'If i am' is utterly sublime!

m b v is definitely a grower... I am loving it more and more everytime I listen to it. Although it is still has some serious growing to do if it is ever going to overtake 'You Made Me Realise EP', which for me is heaven in 5 songs!
  • Posted: 02/07/2013 04:56
  • Post subject:
Magenta wrote:
TOTALLY with you on that one.. 'If i am' is utterly sublime!

m b v is definitely a grower... I am loving it more and more everytime I listen to it. Although it is still has some serious growing to do if it is ever going to overtake 'You Made Me Realise EP', which for me is heaven in 5 songs!

Interesting. I found "If I Am" to be one of the weaker tracks on the album. "New You" and "In Another Way", on the other hand...I'll have to give them a few more listens, but I may like them even better than anything on Loveless.
AlexZangari

United States
  • Posted: 02/07/2013 15:10
  • Post subject:
I've listened to this album about 20 times now. At this point I think I can honestly say I prefer it to Loveless. I wasn't even hyping it up either. It's actually really surprised me.
Norman Bates

France
  • Posted: 02/07/2013 15:48
  • Post subject:
Fascinating record. Feels like I'd been sleeping for 22 years, very strange experience if you were there and into it when Loveless came out. That 'Back tot the Future' effect is something I have never experienced ever with a new record.
  • Visit poster's website
Necharsian
Best Ever User

Canada
  • Posted: 02/07/2013 19:37
  • Post subject:
Norman Bates wrote:
Fascinating record. Feels like I'd been sleeping for 22 years, very strange experience if you were there and into it when Loveless came out. That 'Back tot the Future' effect is something I have never experienced ever with a new record.

Maybe when they come out with their next album in 2035 I can experience this same feeling..
  • Visit poster's website
  • Posted: 02/07/2013 20:05
  • Post subject:
Norman Bates wrote:

hahaha

Absolutely this... I feel 20 again.. it's fun!
Puncture Repair
  • Posted: 02/10/2013 09:58
  • Post subject:
Not saying it doesn't deserve it, but it's kinda boring now that this is probably going to be the Number One album on BEA for the rest of 2013.
Secondsoul

Ireland
  • Posted: 02/10/2013 11:42
  • Post subject:
I'm listening to it at the moment(yet again) and without doubt this album is a serious "grower"

I'm beginning to love "Who Sees You" Applause
  • Visit poster's website