Chart of the day (#505): By pearljammer13

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic
purple

• Posted: 03/02/2013 19:16
  • Post subject:
I like this guy. The chart's pretty good too, until you notice Dave Matthew's Band.
pearljammer13
Young Pilgrim

United States

• Posted: 03/02/2013 22:52
  • Post subject:
Wow thanks for the kind words everyone, much appreciated. It's amazing how much this community has changed my chart since I first made it. I actually wish I could look at the first one and compare. I've really grown attached to this website and it continues to change my taste and help me discover new music every day, and I love all you bastards for that.

Jhereko wrote:
Surprised I thought you hated it??

I don't remember what I might have said a while back, but this is a great example of how much my tastes have changed. The first half of this album especially is up there with just about anything else I've ever heard. One of the newer additions to the chart. Still think Iron And Wine is better though Very Happy .

purple wrote:
I like this guy. The chart's pretty good too, until you notice Dave Matthew's Band.

F bomb you Purple.

It's one of those albums I fell in love with in high school that I'll always have a soft spot for. However a few that fall into that same category have started to drop off the chart for newer discoveries (The Idler Wheel being the most recent addition which I'm sure you approve of).
  • Visit poster's website
Jasonconfused
If We Make It We Can All Sit Back and Laugh

United States

• Posted: 03/02/2013 23:21
  • Post subject:
pearljammer13 wrote:
Wow thanks for the kind words everyone, much appreciated. It's amazing how much this community has changed my chart since I first made it. I actually wish I could look at the first one and compare. I've really grown attached to this website and it continues to change my taste and help me discover new music every day, and I love all you bastards for that.

I don't have my original chart recorded, but I did start keeping track like 3 months ago and maybe every 4 months I'm going to write down what my chart is so I can see the progression. Should be fun.
junodog4
Future Grumpy Old Man

Canada

• Posted: 03/03/2013 00:23
  • Post subject:
purple wrote:

I like Dave Matthews... I also like Charlie Brown Christmas.
purple

• Posted: 03/03/2013 01:56
  • Post subject:
pearljammer13 wrote:

F bomb you Purple.

It's one of those albums I fell in love with in high school that I'll always have a soft spot for. However a few that fall into that same category have started to drop off the chart for newer discoveries (The Idler Wheel being the most recent addition which I'm sure you approve of).

No need to explain yourself. I actually enjoy a lot of Crash. However, DMB as a whole is laughable to me.
pearljammer13
Young Pilgrim

United States

• Posted: 03/03/2013 13:00
  • Post subject:
purple wrote:
No need to explain yourself. I actually enjoy a lot of Crash. However, DMB as a whole is laughable to me.

Their hardcore fans are some of the most insufferable people on Earth. I would never be able to see them live simply because of their fans, although I've also never been a fan of 20 minute live jams. Crash was their last decent album anyways.

I still laugh about the story of their tour bus literally dumping shit on a tourist boat or whatever it was.
  • Visit poster's website