Hispanic albums you should to listen.

View previous topic :: View next topic
elparacaidas

Mexico

• Posted: 04/20/2013 18:00
  • Post subject: Hispanic albums you should to listen.
Gustavo Cerati/ Bocanada (1999)

The best album ever, sonic poetry, reasoning crumbled in perfect percussions, alternating, enveloping, lyrical, perfect.

http://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?a=3555

Soda Stereo/ Dynamo (1993)

The shoegazing at its best exprecion, exceeds the "loveless of my Blody Valentine" sonic atmospheres, aural textures, holy colors and the best line of bass and percucions.

http://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?a=14779

Pescado Rabioso/ Artaud (1973)

If it's something of a progressive / psychedelic record, reflective, vital, dedicated to the poet Antonin Artaud, green, yellow, life and death, courtship of a woman and a crying child locked in an album.

http://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?a=7935

Cafe Tacvba/ Reves/yosoy (1999)

is a record that history in Mexico has not understood and not understood, a masterpiece on 2 sides, the first instrumental, full of sounds, indigestible, the second talks about melancholic, personal and universal, as good as the beatles white album.

http://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?a=11497
  • Visit poster's website
RFNAPLES
Level 8

United States

• Posted: 04/20/2013 18:04
  • Post subject:
I'd add these Mexican albums too:
    Las 100 Clásicas (Vol. 1)-José Alfredo Jiménez
    Re-Café Tacvba

• Visit poster's website
  • Send email
  • Visit poster's website
RoundTheBend
I miss the comfort in being sad

United States

• Posted: 04/21/2013 07:25
  • Post subject:
Juanes - Un Día Normal (Colombian)

I love this man's guitar playing, unbelievable, and his lyrical style I like, and I don't know Spanish.

I also found this guy, Elian (I remember he said he was from Argentina), at the end of the Santa Monica pier and liked his style, but at the time, his music was a bit repetitive. Maybe that has changed:

Just found his myspace:
http://www.myspace.com/elianq/photos/8363375

Hey, and here he is at the end of the Santa Monica pier:

Link

Link

I bought his album starting with the song La Vida, but don't know what the album is called...

Respectfully think this should be a Latino/a thread... I remember this joke from a "hispanic"- "first time I heard that, I thought, "I ain't nobody's panic!".

Then again elparacaidas started the thread, from Mexico... silly labels we have.
  • Visit poster's website
RFNAPLES
Level 8

United States

• Posted: 04/21/2013 12:35
  • Post subject:
Check these out: Top Latin Albums
  • Visit poster's website
  • Send email
  • Visit poster's website
elparacaidas

Mexico

• Posted: 04/21/2013 18:22
  • Post subject:
Im sorry but Juanes its so bad its comercial only, and this list of top lati albums is more cultural. Razz
  • Visit poster's website
Defago
Your Most Favorite User

Peru

• Posted: 04/21/2013 22:22
  • Post subject:
elparacaidas wrote:
Im sorry but Juanes its so bad its comercial only, and this list of top lati albums is more cultural. Razz

Brick wall

1) If something is commercial* it doesn't mean it's bad music. Besides, the bands you posted are pretty well known too. Also, there's been already a debate on whether music can be objectively good or bad, no need to revisit.
2) What the fuck do you mean with "more cultural"? You either mean (choose one)

A. Music which has cultural significance for a community, in which case I'm thinking more commercial music = better known music = more of a part of a certain culture if it survives the test of time. "La Cucaracha" is incredibly well-known (and commercial) and it's more of a part of Latin American culture than fucking Cafe Tacvba.

B. More cultured and sophisticated music, in which case that's bullshit. Pretentious, elitist bullshit. What you've said is basically "My music is more cultured than yours" aka "My music taste is more cultured, sophisticated and refined than yours". If we're going to play this game and be pretentious douches, then your albums aren't "cultured" either. They're the stuff pseudo-rockists who pride themselves on not listening to "commercial shit" listen to. I'm sure you think of your music as "real music".
  • Visit poster's website
elparacaidas

Mexico

• Posted: 04/22/2013 01:05
  • Post subject:
Defago wrote:
Brick wall

1) If something is commercial* it doesn't mean it's bad music. Besides, the bands you posted are pretty well known too. Also, there's been already a debate on whether music can be objectively good or bad, no need to revisit.
2) What the fuck do you mean with "more cultural"? You either mean (choose one)

A. Music which has cultural significance for a community, in which case I'm thinking more commercial music = better known music = more of a part of a certain culture if it survives the test of time. "La Cucaracha" is incredibly well-known (and commercial) and it's more of a part of Latin American culture than fucking Cafe Tacvba.

B. More cultured and sophisticated music, in which case that's bullshit. Pretentious, elitist bullshit. What you've said is basically "My music is more cultured than yours" aka "My music taste is more cultured, sophisticated and refined than yours". If we're going to play this game and be pretentious douches, then your albums aren't "cultured" either. They're the stuff pseudo-rockists who pride themselves on not listening to "commercial shit" listen to. I'm sure you think of your music as "real music".

Embarassed d'oh! Wink
I'm sorry man my intentions were never to offend anyone, my English is not good so I'm not good at explaining my arguments, Juanes is bad is boring, there is nothing good in it but that's my own opinion, when I said "Cultural "I did not mean they were bad I meant entering other albums, again I apologize if you feel offended and I recommend you hear the Reves / yosoy of Cafe Tacuba maybe change your opinion.
  • Visit poster's website
elparacaidas

Mexico

• Posted: 04/22/2013 21:27
  • Post subject:
C'mon bro forgive me!
  • Visit poster's website
Defago
Your Most Favorite User

Peru

• Posted: 04/22/2013 21:33
  • Post subject:
elparacaidas wrote:
C'mon bro forgive me!

It's no big deal. I felt you were trying to say your albums were somehow objectively superior to his, but if that's not the case then I misread you and you can ignore what I said.
  • Visit poster's website