World album of the day (#246): Legend

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic

• Posted: 05/02/2013 20:16
  • Post subject:
lethalnezzle wrote:
lol at the idea that any real "Marley fans" would choose this ahead of any of his other albums. That's laughable.

Well maybe "Marley fans" wasn't the right choice of words. I was more referring to people who like his music, not necessarily devoted fans.

Last edited by Guest on 05/02/2013 20:17; edited 2 times in total
sulmagnificent

Morocco

• Posted: 05/02/2013 20:16
  • Post subject:
lethalnezzle wrote:
lol at the idea that any real "Marley fans" would choose this ahead of any of his other albums. That's laughable.

Sorry for interrupting the conversation but what real good albums would you recommend as a Bob Marley fan after Catch A Fire (which has become one of my favorites but I never really tried any of his other albums)
  • Visit poster's website

• Posted: 05/02/2013 20:22
  • Post subject:
sulmagnificent wrote:
Sorry for interrupting the conversation but what real good albums would you recommend as a Bob Marley fan after Catch A Fire (which has become one of my favorites but I never really tried any of his other albums)

My favourite is Burnin', but Catch A Fire is a close second. Soul Rebels and The Best of The Wailers (not actually a compilation) are both great too. Of the post-Tosh and Livingstone years, Rastaman Vibration is my favourite, but even the production on that is a bit too polished for my liking.

• Posted: 05/02/2013 20:24
  • Post subject:
I don't think I ever got Bob Marley. Maybe I've heard the wrong albums. I prefer Scientist when it comes to Jamaican styles of music. I'm reminded that I need to listen to more Caribbean music in general though...

• Posted: 05/02/2013 20:45
  • Post subject:
The Poe wrote:
I don't think I ever got Bob Marley. Maybe I've heard the wrong albums. I prefer Scientist when it comes to Jamaican styles of music. I'm reminded that I need to listen to more Caribbean music in general though...

If you like Scientist you should check out Mikey Dread (especially African Anthem), Joe Gibbs & The Professionals (especially African Dub All-Might vol. 3), Augustus Pablo (especially King Tubby Meets Rockers Up Town and East of the River Nile).

• Posted: 05/02/2013 21:02
  • Post subject:
Downloading now. Will listen later. Thank you much.