Why is most music we listen to from just a few countries?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
View previous topic :: View next topic

• Posted: 05/03/2013 19:32
  • Post subject:
MrFrogger wrote:
I don't really see the point in "trying" to get less albums from a certain country in your chart, it just seems like your trying to convince yourself to be more diverse, by sacrificing what you love.

I don't think one should add albums to their chart for the sake of diversity - but there is nothing wrong with looking for music from countries you may not be familiar with the music of, and if you like an album from there, adding it to your chart.

• Posted: 05/03/2013 19:37
  • Post subject:
The more one listens to music from a certain country, the more albums from that country will likely be represented on their chart.

• Posted: 05/03/2013 23:33
  • Post subject:
I know this seems a bit pointless as I don't really have anything new or interesting or even coherent to add to this discussion, but I'd just like to thank everybody who's contributed for what has been, thus far, and extremely interesting read. It's one of those discussions where I feel like I agree with almost every new point that has been made, such is the persuasiveness of each argument, even if there is the odd sentence here or there that I take umbrage with. So yeah, cheers.
Evandar

• Posted: 05/04/2013 11:18
  • Post subject:
lethalnezzle wrote:
I know this seems a bit pointless as I don't really have anything new or interesting or even coherent to add to this discussion, but I'd just like to thank everybody who's contributed for what has been, thus far, and extremely interesting read. It's one of those discussions where I feel like I agree with almost every new point that has been made, such is the persuasiveness of each argument, even if there is the odd sentence here or there that I take umbrage with. So yeah, cheers.

I can only say the same, as the few points I might bring up have already been brought up. Great thread. Smile
  • Visit poster's website