Album of the day (#900): Bringing It All Back Home

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic
Evandar

• Posted: 05/04/2013 22:20
  • Post subject:
lethalnezzle wrote:
'Love Minus Zero/No Limit' is actually incredible. As is the rest of this album, come to think of it.

Glad to hear it! Actually not many songs have made me form so many pictures and scenes in my mind as that song. Dylan songs tend to do that anyway, but that song more than most.
  • Visit poster's website

• Posted: 05/04/2013 22:32
  • Post subject:
Dang, I feel like I'm the only one who isn't crazy about this album :/ Though it is very high on my re-listening list. It didn't quite click with me the last time I listened to it, but I felt like it definitely could if I gave it another chance. I'll probably do that tonight if I find time.
Evandar

• Posted: 05/04/2013 23:10
  • Post subject:
swedenman wrote:
Dang, I feel like I'm the only one who isn't crazy about this album :/ Though it is very high on my re-listening list. It didn't quite click with me the last time I listened to it, but I felt like it definitely could if I gave it another chance. I'll probably do that tonight if I find time.

Hehe, not the only one, I'm sure, but I urge you to give it more listens, I'm sure you will grow to appreciate it more than you currently do. Do you like some of the songs so far? And what Dylan albums do you prefer?
  • Visit poster's website

• Posted: 05/04/2013 23:15
  • Post subject:
Evandar wrote:
Hehe, not the only one, I'm sure, but I urge you to give it more listens, I'm sure you will grow to appreciate it more than you currently do. Do you like some of the songs so far? And what Dylan albums do you prefer?

I don't remember many of the songs that well, as I've only listened to the album once, but I remember enjoying "Subterranean Homesick Blues" and "Maggie's Farm" quite a lot (and "Mr. Tambourine Man", of course, but that's been a favorite of mine for a while).

As for Dylan albums I prefer, Highway 61 Revisited recently made it into my top 10, and Blonde on Blonde, Blood on the Tracks, and Freewheelin' Bob Dylan have all made their way on there in some form or another.
Evandar

• Posted: 05/04/2013 23:38
  • Post subject:
swedenman wrote:
I don't remember many of the songs that well, as I've only listened to the album once, but I remember enjoying "Subterranean Homesick Blues" and "Maggie's Farm" quite a lot (and "Mr. Tambourine Man", of course, but that's been a favorite of mine for a while).

As for Dylan albums I prefer, Highway 61 Revisited recently made it into my top 10, and Blonde on Blonde, Blood on the Tracks, and Freewheelin' Bob Dylan have all made their way on there in some form or another.

Oh, only once. Fret not, then, as I'm sure I listened to it at least ten times before really getting it (I'm slow to like something, but then again I'll never go back, most likely). Very Happy

Cool, you like some classics already, then. Give this one a couple of more listens, and you'll be one step deeper into Dylan fanboyism, most likely. Wink
  • Visit poster's website
Patman360
Serenity Now

Ireland

• Posted: 05/05/2013 13:33
  • Post subject:
Fantastic album, even though I rate about 4/5 Dylan albums above this.

• Visit poster's website
meccalecca
Voice of Reason

United States

• Posted: 05/05/2013 14:14
  • Post subject:
Classic. Definitely a masterpiece. And even if you don't love Dylan's versions of these songs, other artists have provided proof that these are some of the best songs ever written such as Van Morrison's version of "It's All Over Now, Baby Blue"
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website