(It's Not War) Just The End Of Love - Review

View previous topic :: View next topic
Kiki

• Posted: 07/26/2010 15:29
  • Post subject: (It's Not War) Just The End Of Love - Review
(It's Not War) - Just the End of Love - 10/10

I can say this without exaggerating in anyway, the new Manic Street Preachers single is one of the best that they have ever done.

It starts like a combination of 'Tonight, Tonight' and ' Jackie Collins extensional...' before going into James Dean Bradfield singing, who is still incredible by the way. I can't remember any of the lyrics but I'm sure he mentioned something about forgiveness.

Then comes the chorus which is like "'It's not WAAAARRR... Just The End Of Love, It's not WAAAARRR... Just The End Of Love'". It might not sound much when wrote here but it's very reminiscent of 'A Design Of Life' and 'If You Tolerate this' in that it is EXTREMELY infectious and I am still thinking about it now when I last listened at 8:45 am on Radio 2. The strings and violins only help making it even more exciting.

Near the end Nicky Wire says one line between James's in the chorus and it made my day complete! I was so hoping he would give another before the end but he didn't. It's nice he is still given a turn though. It gave a little anarchy to polished sheen of the song. The contrast between them made it so incredible!

I remember listening to Jackie Collins Extensional Question Time first ever play on the radio last year and when It finished I was like "It's over already?" But not this time. This song is almost reaching the 4 minute mark (estimate) so I was fulfilled. But then the man on the radio came back and said it would be out 20th September and I was like "Oh". I still have to wait 8 WHOLE WEEKS (It's out in 8 Mondays time).

This ought to be one of the Manic Street Preachers greatest singles I sure hope it does as well as If Tolerate This and A Design For Life on the charts. I think it might be one of my favorites! Congratulations to James, Sean and Nicky for this fantastic song!
Kiki

• Posted: 08/16/2010 18:38
  • Post subject:
Another new Manic Street Preachers song Very Happy This one is a free one too.

They say somewhere in this article that it is on the new album but else where I heard it is a B-side to the song mentioned in the previous post.

Here is the link to the article about it: http://www.clashmusic.com/news/manic-st...s-download

The song is called I'm Leaving You For Solitude. I hope you like it Smile