BEA Mixtape #1: Album Art poll

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
View previous topic :: View next topic

Poll: The Album Art for BEA Mixtape #1 is?
1 (creator: DLGGLD)
26%
 26%  [13]
2 (creator: harkan)
8%
 8%  [4]
3 (creator: harkan)
2%
 2%  [1]
4 (creator: harkan)
6%
 6%  [3]
5 (creator: Defago)
16%
 16%  [8]
6 (creator: Joshtraina)
16%
 16%  [8]
7 (creator: Jhereko)
26%
 26%  [13]
Total Votes : 50

videoheadcleaner
formerly Harkan

Australia

• Posted: 06/28/2013 11:50
  • Post subject:
lethalnezzle wrote:
No, it's not pointless. It's been an interesting discussion. I mean, I wouldn't mind a bit more time to see what other users can come up with, both in terms of the cover art and the music. I don't really see any point in rushing the project, it's quite a big undertaking and I'm thinking we could maybe push it back until September or October in order so that people can really put something forward that they are totally satisfied, both musically and visually, and so that we can all squabble about the tracklisting and which song should be first/last etc., not too mention time to make sure we've canvassed everyone that would possibly want to be a part of it. I know it's been discussed for a month or so now, but I really see no harm in pushing it back. I know it's cliche, but I think a Sgt. Pepper homage done well, with pictures of all those involved and any other users willing to put their faces forward, would be pretty cool. But you know, if people are ready to go ahead now then I'm happy to do that too. I just don't see why we shouldn't put time and effort into making the project as good, as complete, and as satisfying for everybody involved as possible. That said, we could always put one out soon and then leave scope for another. I don't know, I'm rambling. Just some thoughts.

Hmm...

Might be on to something. I guess I have been slightly selfish in my way of thinking; believing I have to do this on my own. Maybe we give this album art idea a rest for a bit. See what others can come up with.
  • Visit poster's website

• Posted: 06/28/2013 12:04
  • Post subject:
harkan wrote:
Hmm...

Might be on to something. I guess I have been slightly selfish in my way of thinking; believing I have to do this on my own. Maybe we give this album art idea a rest for a bit. See what others can come up with.

I don't think it's selfish at all, it's been a really inclusive project and I know the people I've spoken to about it are all excited about it. I just think it needn't be rushed. We're all here to help in whatever way we can, be it visually or musically or in terms of promotion or whatever. I know I personally would like a little more time to record something I'm really happy with for the project, as it's something I'm hyped for and would like to give something that isn't just a throwaway from one of my solo projects. I also think that we could get at least twenty attempts at a cover from various users, and have a real discussion about every aspect of it. We could quite conceivably put together a whole PDF sleevenotes booklet featuring info on all the artists, and there are people on the forum who are more than capable in helping with this. As a project, it would just be great to have something that, come the finished product, we are all proud to have been a part of, and if that takes time then so be it.
videoheadcleaner
formerly Harkan

Australia

• Posted: 06/28/2013 12:30
  • Post subject:
lethalnezzle wrote:
I don't think it's selfish at all, it's been a really inclusive project and I know the people I've spoken to about it are all excited about it. I just think it needn't be rushed. We're all here to help in whatever way we can, be it visually or musically or in terms of promotion or whatever. I know I personally would like a little more time to record something I'm really happy with for the project, as it's something I'm hyped for and would like to give something that isn't just a throwaway from one of my solo projects. I also think that we could get at least twenty attempts at a cover from various users, and have a real discussion about every aspect of it. We could quite conceivably put together a whole PDF sleevenotes booklet featuring info on all the artists, and there are people on the forum who are more than capable in helping with this. As a project, it would just be great to have something that, come the finished product, we are all proud to have been a part of, and if that takes time then so be it.

Well put. The digital booklet idea is great.

I have thought of solo art for each track (as I do with my own). But I think the time thing is something to implement. More time, better quality of songs.
  • Visit poster's website