A Random Question

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic
HigherThanTheSun

United Kingdom

• Posted: 07/11/2013 00:10
  • Post subject:
CellarDoor wrote:
You don't have to, especially if you yourself are not really up to it, but it depends on how you would like other people to do the same for you if you couldn't do one of your upcoming shifts.

Yeah, I'd say this pretty much. It depends whether you'd expect him to do the same for you if you were in his situation. If he's the type of guy who'd go out of his way to help you out in a situation like this then I'd feel guilty for not being willing to do the same for him, but if he's the type of guy who definitely wouldn't help you out in this sort of situation then there's no need to feel guilty saying no. Really depends who's asking.

Oh, and if this guy's a friend then I don't think it's cool to do something for him just because you think it means he'll owe you one in the future and you don't deserve to feel good about yourself for doing it if that's your only motivation Laughing I kid but it's true.

• Posted: 07/11/2013 04:45
  • Post subject:
JMan wrote:
Of course. Everything I say has to be a black hole, right? Well if I try to help, stop trying to dumb me down and be nice about it. Excuse me for trying to help. I've dealt with people that do stupid things like that, alright? I doubt that there are no idiots in the world. Is there a problem with that? I know nothing about Outlaw's friend, and I won't assume he's an idiot. I' just saying that there's a possibility his friend may be someone who just doesn't wanna do work today. Is there a problem with that, too?

Okay, JMan, I know you're trying to help, but what you're saying doesn't make any sense. First of all, I'm swedenman, not Outlaw. Secondly, I've already said what his reason for asking me to take his shift was. I don't think he's the type to lie about that, but even if he is, the only way I could find out would be by stalking him, which would be way more effort than going to work, anyway.