What's So Great About Bob Dylan

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
View previous topic :: View next topic
Evandar

• Posted: 07/29/2013 21:39
  • Post subject:
bananafish wrote:
I feel what you're saying. I haven't listened to him much outside of the hits, so perhaps if I delved more into his work I could garner more of an appreciation for him. Ironically, I think his son Jakob is one of the best vocalists ever.

Haha, I've heard some songs of Jakob's, not my thing, really, though his vocals seemed fine. I actually started with "Another Side of Bob Dylan" (not sure why, but I guess I must blame allmusic, as that was my main guide to new music at the time). In the beginning I didn't much like his voice, I had always had a very strong dislike for harmonica, and I'd never listened to anything even approaching folk music, but somehow, he (very, very slowly and unevenly) managed to stir something in me, so I kept on trying. You know how it is, sometimes you just feel there's something intangible that makes you want to try more, and then finally you get it, and you feel so happy you didn't give up (though with certain other artists, it went the other way in the end, but that's part of exploring music).
  • Visit poster's website