Musician Hell

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic
sp4cetiger

• Posted: 10/01/2013 14:39
  • Post subject:
AgainstMeAgainstYou wrote:
Writing Kokomo. Mike Love will spend an eternity in one room where that song plays, all the time, on repeat, max volume.

So much this.
Necharsian
Best Ever User

Canada

• Posted: 10/01/2013 15:39
  • Post subject:
benpaco wrote:
Oh god this is tough. I mean, to me, selling out is always about the worst thing you can do. Just changing what you stand for and make music for.

So I mean Nickelback, AFI (they're first album is INCREDIBLE, go check it out), any boy band, Fall Out Boy, Metallica, maybe Green Day, maybe White Lies, etc.

The thing about all the "sellout" accusations is that it's impossible to tell what the musicians actual thought process on a band going in a different direction is. It always just seems to be people whining because they dont like the new sound. Saying someone soldout is just baby talk for "they started making music that i didnt like" boo hoo. Hey crazy thought maybe Metallica or Weezer actually liked their newer albums when they made them. People change. You cant expect an artist to have the same mindset or stand for the same things musically over the years. Are you the exact same person you were 10 years ago?

benpaco wrote:
Lastly anyone who rights things they don't live as if they've lived them. If it's Eminem or Childish Gambino who's joking about doing something, great, I get the joke and I like that music. But if you talk about doing drugs you've never done, cutting when you've never been depressed, etc, that's not OK with me at all. Lil Wayne, Kanye, and probably a LOT of other rappers are here, as well as a fair number of pop punk bands and I don't even know who else.

Just as you shouldnt write a book on something you havent personally lived, right?
  • Visit poster's website
Johnny Flynn

United States

• Posted: 10/01/2013 17:00
  • Post subject:
Romanelli wrote:
The J. Geils Band going on tour as The J. Geils Band. Without inviting J. Geils, letting it go far enough for Geils to have to file suit against his former bandmates.

Twisted Evil

Well I mean they are the J. Geils Band. Just because there name actually has J. Geils in it that's not their fault. Now if they went around as J. Geils and the J. Geils band then you have a point. I mean do The News or The Range not get to use their names? I blame J. Geils for being such a narcissist that he had to name his band after him. Wink
  • Visit poster's website
meccalecca
Voice of Reason

United States

• Posted: 10/01/2013 21:09
  • Post subject:
Necharsian wrote:
Just as you shouldnt write a book on something you havent personally lived, right?

haha. i was thinking the same thing. If no one could use their imagination and write about things they haven't experienced, there would be nothing.
  • Visit poster's website
benpaco
Who's gonna watch you die?

United States

• Posted: 10/02/2013 01:34
  • Post subject:
meccalecca wrote:
haha. i was thinking the same thing. If no one could use their imagination and write about things they haven't experienced, there would be nothing.

I mean, third person is fine. Even with books I feel dirty reading first person if it's not autobiographical. I don't know. That's weird to me.

But again, I don't have anything against the artists per say, I'll still listen to stuff like that, I'll still read stuff like that. And for that I feel like I'm going to music hell too. But if music hell really is Weezer, Kokomo, New Order, and AFI, then music hell sounds like fun.

It's like that old idea that the people in hell sound so much more interesting than those in heaven, ya know?

. . . 2016 . . . 2015 . . .

Things I Make
  • Visit poster's website
mookieperez

• Posted: 10/02/2013 01:54
  • Post subject:
Changing a band member at the request of the studio JUST as you make it.
  • Visit poster's website
Kool Keith Sweat

• Posted: 10/02/2013 01:55
  • Post subject:
@benpaco how old are you? have you ever read fiction?
benpaco
Who's gonna watch you die?

United States

• Posted: 10/02/2013 03:11
  • Post subject:
ppnw wrote:
@benpaco how old are you? have you ever read fiction?

I read a lot of fiction, yes. Don't judge me. I just like the true stuff better. My point's gotten skewed here because ... well because it's a strange point, I won't lie. It's just how I feel. It's a weird quirk of mine that I like things that are written AS fiction, you know? IDK, I know that's really strange but that's what I feel.

I mean a lot of my favorite books and stories have been written in the first person. I don't know. It's just a weird quirk to me that I like things from the heart better.

And I'm a high school student currently enrolled in a college English class. So please don't judge.

I think we all have some weird quirks and now you're just getting to see mine.

. . . 2016 . . . 2015 . . .

Things I Make
  • Visit poster's website