Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
View previous topic :: View next topic
benpaco
Who's gonna watch you die?

United States

• Posted: 08/02/2013 20:03
  • Post subject:
meruizh wrote:
1) Paul McCartney (A day in the life) / Ringo Starr (With a Little Help From My Friends)
2) Radiohead (You and Whose Army?, True Love Waits)
3) Arcade Fire (Wake Up)
4) U2 (Sunday Bloody Sunday)

Existence, well what does it matter ...

OK, I'm sorry, but between the bands, your profile picture, and your quote there, I just have to say: YOU HAVE INCREDIBLE TASTE IN MUSIC. SO MUCH SO THIS HAS TO BE IN CAPS.

. . . 2016 . . . 2015 . . .

Things I Make
  • Visit poster's website
Kool Keith Sweat

• Posted: 11/11/2013 04:34
  • Post subject:
This is the thread that came up on google search for similar topics so blah

Fun Fun Fun Fest was an excellent blast; my body hurts so much right meow

Friday I saw: Thee Oh Sees; Flag; a few songs from Small Black; a couple songs from Kurt Vile (we left because he was boring); a couple songs from Johnny Marr (we left because he was boring); and Cut Copy. Cut Copy and Thee Oh Sees were far and away the best acts of the day. Friday I was with a good lady friend who likes to mosh so we were involved with the pit at Thee Oh Sees and Flag; great pits, my only complaint was that someone opened all the pockets to my camelback and stole my cigarettes and my fave sunglasses were broken. All night long there was this guy in the pit that looked like a tall dwarf from LOTR with grey hair (def. at least 60 years old) and he always had the most jolly fucking look on his face like, bro, do you even know you're 60?

Saturday I saw: Melt Banana; Pelican; Television; Deerhunter; and MIA. Saturday wasn't much fun; I never really connected with friends and I got far too drunk for Deerhunter and MIA. I ran into a couple assholes this day as well. Good music, just not a good day. Melt Banana was by far the best show. So fucking adorbs, this guy waded through the pit with his about five-year-old son and then just laid the son on the crowd and the kid was soooo damn happy crowd surfing for a bit. Melt Banana also had a 4-5 minute period where they just burned through songs less than 20 seconds and her voice was so damn cute in each interlude.

Sunday I saw: Bagheera; a bit of Chet Faker; a bit of Deltron 3030; a bit of Jurassic Five; a bit of Julie Ruin; a bit of Washed Out; a couple songs from Slayer; a bit of Cloud Nothings; Polyphonic Spree; and then... August Burns Red, Gojira, and The Locust (FUCKING ACTION BRONSON CANCELLED LAST MINUTE). Those last three bands I've never heard of (outside of Gojira), but I was with some friends who wanted to mosh so I went with them. I ended up stage (laying, because I've become a big guy) twice at August and then ended up getting on stage, kissing the lead singer of Gojira, being thrown off stage by a bouncer, and having both my knees contact two poor skulls. Sunday was a funday. I chatted with randos throughout the day for quarters of an hour at a time, chillin about whooping cranes, water, music, austin culture, how to properly smoke cocaine, the us army corps of engineers and the oil industry, etc. The shows were all great, especially Julie Ruin and The Locust. I also dazed off onto the spray painting murals they had set up today and there was some really great stuff that I'll be looking for time-lapse videos of later. I rode a mechanical bull long enough for the guy to just stop and say "get off, you've won". Oh, and I watched two wrestling matches that thy had that were hilarious; they would get the crowd involved ad during one match a guy that had another guy in a headlock borrowed a camera from the audience and took a picture of the guy in a headlock while yelling "say cheese, bitch!" among many other shenanigans, including a match with real thumbtacks spread all over the ring. Great, great day

oh and there was awesome food there as well, e.g. Friday I had this hot dog called the Snoop Dogg with a brat, hemp cheese, malt liquor mustard, and gold flakes sprinkled on it. And then all three days I notced these two no-more-then-7 year old girls just putting everyone at the skate ramps to shame from noon to 10pm
nutso42

• Posted: 11/12/2013 01:00
  • Post subject:
1. Rush
2. Bruce Springsteen
3. Fastball
Goodsir

• Posted: 11/12/2013 01:23
  • Post subject:
nutso42 wrote:
1. Rush

Honestly, Rush are just amazing live. I've seen them twice. I'm going to have to agree with you.
1. Rush
2. The Allman Brothers Band
3. The Black Crowes