Future Grumpy Old Man

Canada
  • Posted: 11/13/2013 02:25
  • Post subject:
A couple of questions spring to mind:

1. How often do you feel like this?
2. When did this feeling begin?
3. How pervasive is it?

4. Do you have good supports to seek out? (Friends, family, professionals)?
5. What do you usually do to get through this?

Everybody gets down from time to time. It sucks. I hope this doesn't last long.
benpaco
Who's gonna watch you die?

United States
  • Posted: 11/13/2013 02:56
  • Post subject:
swedenman wrote:
Fair enough. Like I said, those are things that have helped me personally, but they may not help everyone. The drugs in particular I would recommend being wary of. It's just that I've tried dropping acid or smoking weed to help me deal with depression and it's worked wonders. It's not for everyone, but it is something to try, as long as you're careful.

Also, when I said "never stop doing things", I meant that more as a "except for when you should be sleeping". Sleep is important, obviously. However, I personally find it best to keep myself occupied when I'm awake.

As for the relationships bit, I wasn't really suggesting getting into a committed relationship. I meant it more as casual dating, which can be a huge stress relief for me, and which are rarely messy.

However, I'm not sure I agree that eating healthier could be detrimental. Changing up your eating habits can have unexpected consequences, but eating healthier rarely has a negative impact.

Drugs we agree
For me, rest, not sleep, also helps. Just to sit and think and be. That helps me. I think that dpends on who you are.
I've never been able to be in a non serious relationship, at this point in my life its all been with the intent of being serious or just not happening.
Eating healthier I'm personally scarred by I think. Took it too far and stopped eating lunch or having a real breakfast. Don't do that. Cut out soda. That I still do frankly, swede's entirely right that's helped a TON. Other small changes are good too, but I wouldn't go radical.

. . . 2016 . . . 2015 . . .

Things I Make
  • Visit poster's website
  • Posted: 11/13/2013 03:01
  • Post subject:
Yeah, getting off of soda is honestly probably the best thing I've ever done for myself. It sounds crazy, but you'd be amazed how big of an effect it can have on your mood if you drink a lot like I used to.
Silver
  • Posted: 11/13/2013 04:25
  • Post subject:
swedenman wrote:
Yeah, getting off of soda is honestly probably the best thing I've ever done for myself. It sounds crazy, but you'd be amazed how big of an effect it can have on your mood if you drink a lot like I used to.

Yeah, getting off soda is a really good idea. Although the caffeine withdrawals are a bitch. I remember when I was getting off soda I was walking downtown listening to Tarot Sport by Fuck Buttons, and I was about to fall unconscious on a park bench, all I could think was that Fuck Buttons would be good to die to. Only thing that kept me from passing out was some kids playing nearby.

Edit: Also INFP here, INFP bros unite.

Last edited by Silver on 11/13/2013 04:50; edited 1 time in total
benpaco
Who's gonna watch you die?

United States
  • Posted: 11/13/2013 04:45
  • Post subject:
BrandonMeow wrote:
Hey I'm an INFP too. Smile

Well at least something very happy came of this thread.

I hope it can lead to other, happier things as well.

Best of luck outlaw. Keep us updated.

. . . 2016 . . . 2015 . . .

Things I Make
  • Visit poster's website
  • Posted: 11/13/2013 06:22
  • Post subject:
SilverWalrus wrote:
Yeah, getting off soda is a really good idea. Although the caffeine withdrawals are a bitch. I remember when I was getting off soda I was walking downtown listening to Tarot Sport by Fuck Buttons, and I was about to fall unconscious on a park bench, all I could think was that Fuck Buttons would be good to die to. Only thing that kept me from passing out was some kids playing nearby.

Edit: Also INFP here, INFP bros unite.

Yeah, but you can get your caffeine boost elsewhere.

Also, INFJ over here. We're pretty close Wink
revolver94
professional dilettante

United States
  • Posted: 11/13/2013 06:32
  • Post subject:
swedenman wrote:
Also, INFJ over here. We're pretty close Wink

I love INFJ's!!! As an ENFP, we're a perfect romantic match Wink

And not to be totally contrarian, but INFP's and INFJ's are less similar than you think! an INFJ's dominant function is introverted intuition (followed by extroverted feeling), while an INFP's dominant function is introverted feeling (followed by extroverted intuition). Wild stuff!

EDIT: how that probably seemed super rude. I dont' have any advice beyond what other people have said, but I genuinely hope that you feel better, outlaw.

Last.fm

Last edited by revolver94 on 11/13/2013 06:39; edited 1 time in total
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website
drakonium
coucou

France
  • Posted: 11/13/2013 06:37
  • Post subject:
I don't really see what I could add to what has already been said, but don't let it grow out of control, outlaw. Professionals can really help. When you feel that you can't handle it alone anymore, don't wait. have you talked about it to your family?

Don't give up, man. I'm with you. Like a lot of people here, I've lived it, and I know it's something important. Seems like Intenret forums are for naturally depressive people Think
  • Visit poster's website
  • Posted: 11/13/2013 06:50
  • Post subject:
revolver94 wrote:
And not to be totally contrarian, but INFP's and INFJ's are less similar than you think!.

Dammit, revolver, I was just tryin' to bust a move on Walrus. You don't have to cock-block me Razz
Listmeister

United States
  • Posted: 11/13/2013 16:39
  • Post subject: Re: I don't feel good anymore
an_outlaw wrote:
I don't feel like doing anything anymore. I keep feeling unhappy and I don't know what to do about it. I can't assert myself to do things I enjoy. Things which I enjoy like playing guitar, reading or writing have all been put on hold. I would like to be doing them but I can't focus myself anymore. It's like I am drifting through my days in a daze right now. I'm alright when I am engaging with people but when I find myself alone I'm just lying down or sitting with no purpose. I can't be bothered with anything right now and I really should be doing something as I don't feel happy at all inside.

Simplest answer is the best starting point: Take a nap, or go to bed early. See how you feel when you wake up. If you don't feel like doing anything, perhaps that is because your body is telling you to do nothing at all for awhile.

More activity may not be the answer.
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website