So I Finally Like Radiohead...

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
View previous topic :: View next topic
Facetious

Pakistan

• Posted: 11/29/2013 09:19
  • Post subject:
I agree with whoever said that the 1997-2001 period was great. As for the other albums:

Pablo Honey: Some really enjoyable tracks but Thinking About You (the only acoustic track) is the wrong track in the right place and somewhere after Ripcord this album really loses my interest, so that even Blow Out can't save it. Just too formulaic overall, I guess.
The Bends: Stronger and more memorable songs in general, possibly due to the better production, but Pablo Honey haters tend to exaggerate the leap in quality from the previous album to this. The band's efforts to get away from the PH sound result in an album that loses some of that album's charming straightforwardness and essentially this whole album could be a bunch of OK Computer demos.
Hail to the Thief: Overlong though enjoyable. Really not much to say besides that; like The Bends this is just a transitional album.
In Rainbows: Boring at times but the last two tracks are brilliant.
King of Limbs: Out of all the Radiohead albums this feels the most incomplete. Morning Mr Magpie is a fairly weak track and Codex/Give Up the Ghost is not handled at all well. The rest would make a good EP though, and Separator is almost as great a closer as Videotape.
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website