• Post subject:
Hayden wrote:

Darkside - Paper Trails

Pop/R&B?????
GeevyDallas
WATTBA

• Posted: 12/14/2013 17:52
  • Post subject:
Geevy's top 10 hip hop mixtapes of 2013 (including download links)

10. Young Thug - 1017 Thug
This ain't for the faint hearted, what Future would sound like had Gucci recruited him.
9. Mr. Muthafuckin' eXquire - Kismet
This is probably the most interesting selection of beats released together on a mixtape or album this year, the reason it ain't higher is simply because I've been neglecting it, must rectify that. There's also an extended version that I ain't listened to yet too.
8. Chance The Rapper - Acid Rap
If you're reading this you've already ehard Acid Rap, move along now.
7. Nell - The Revolution '94
The first Raider Klan album to appear on the list, they had a really great year, despite all the fallings out and members leaving. This one is the most confident album by the crew yet, soem genuine bangers lie within. Who Want It is one of the tracks of the year.
6. Lil Herb & Lil Bibby - Heir Apparents
Lil Bibby is the best rapper from Chicago dropping music at the moment (his Free Crack mixtape is great too, it ain't on the list because I've gave it a couple of listens), Lil Herb is cool too. This is a collection of great Drill tunes, that are quite literally sound tracking a war. I see a lot of Boy In Da Corner Dizzee Rascal in Lil Bibby, he's trapped by his surroundings, seeing everything that is fucked up around him and documenting it in his music. I look like a menace to society nodding my head and swinging my hands jogging to this too.
5. Amber London - Tru 2 Tha Phonk
Raider Klan's best shot of breaking the mainstream, this album is fucking scary, I didn't realise girls could be gangsters too. If you're a 3 Six Mafia fan, this one is for you. Over teh 26 tracks she gives you everything, from smoke out anthems to turnt up bangers. Willin 2 Die is one of the best tracks of the year too
4. Tink - Boss Up
Tink's my boo, she's the only thing i've been listening to in the last week. Kilo, Versace (Remix) and the Young Chop produced More are fucking killer tracks. She's gonna be huge, get in early so you can be all I told you so come the time she tops 2014 lists.
3. Cakes Da Killa - The Eulogy
This dude can rap, like really, really good. I was in awe the first time I played this. He's definitely the best of the 'queer rappers', and the most slept on. He's funny, clever and has a great ear for beats, you should really download it right now.
2. Yung Lean - Unknown Death 2002
Haters gon hate. The best selection of beats ever assembled on a mixtape (that's right, I said it), and the raps actually add to it. At first I was wary, but then I came to the conclusion he's just a kid making music with his friends, having fun, and he created something special. I've listened to this mixtape through more than anything else this year, creates a vibe like nothing else. All the accusations of him bastardizing hip hop culture are completely idiotic too I might add.
1. Key Nyata - The Shadowed Diamond
The most polished Raider Klan release yet, I thought it wouldn't compliment their whole vibe, but it actually works really well. Actually being able to make out what he's saying adds a lot to it. Lyrically one of the years best albums(although i'm not really about that life) and great production. YOU NEED TO HEAR THIS.

I'm going to go through some honourable emntions too, not linking them though as it'll take to much time.

Lil Bibby - Free Crack
Lil Durk - Signed To The Streets
Gucci Mane - He dropped about 12 mixtapes this year, they all sound exactly the same, just pick a random one.
The Devil - Harbinger
Le1f - Fly Zone
Future & Freeband Gang - The Movie
Rome Fortune - Beautiful Pimp
Freindzone - Kuchbiru Network 3
Tree - Sunday School 2
Action Bronson & Party Supplies - Blue Chips 2
Main Attrakionz - Mondre & Squadda dropped loads of stuff this year, if you're a fan get on them, i still need to listen to some of it too
Lil Pain - When Thugs Cry
TRPL BLK - Big Dick Niggas Eat Pussy Too
Roc Marciano - The Pimpire Strikes Back
Don Christian - The Wayfayer
Migos - Young Rich Niggas
King L - Jeep Music
Katie Got Bandz - Drillary Clinton
Young Scooter - Street Lottery
Kevin Gates - Both his mixtapes this year are dope
Lil B - Pretty Young Thug (although his 2013 tapes have been major let downs, going a whole year without a classic from Lil B is almost unthinkable)

There's loads more too, really great year for hip hop.
  • Visit poster's website
Kiki

• Posted: 12/14/2013 17:54
  • Post subject:
2013 was a good year.
Norman Bates

France

• Posted: 12/14/2013 18:31
  • Post subject:
GeevyDallas wrote:
Geevy's top 10 hip hop mixtapes of 2013 (including download links)

10. Young Thug - 1017 Thug
This ain't for the faint hearted, what Future would sound like had Gucci recruited him.
9. Mr. Muthafuckin' eXquire - Kismet
This is probably the most interesting selection of beats released together on a mixtape or album this year, the reason it ain't higher is simply because I've been neglecting it, must rectify that. There's also an extended version that I ain't listened to yet too.
8. Chance The Rapper - Acid Rap
If you're reading this you've already ehard Acid Rap, move along now.
7. Nell - The Revolution '94
The first Raider Klan album to appear on the list, they had a really great year, despite all the fallings out and members leaving. This one is the most confident album by the crew yet, soem genuine bangers lie within. Who Want It is one of the tracks of the year.
6. Lil Herb & Lil Bibby - Heir Apparents
Lil Bibby is the best rapper from Chicago dropping music at the moment (his Free Crack mixtape is great too, it ain't on the list because I've gave it a couple of listens), Lil Herb is cool too. This is a collection of great Drill tunes, that are quite literally sound tracking a war. I see a lot of Boy In Da Corner Dizzee Rascal in Lil Bibby, he's trapped by his surroundings, seeing everything that is fucked up around him and documenting it in his music. I look like a menace to society nodding my head and swinging my hands jogging to this too.
5. Amber London - Tru 2 Tha Phonk
Raider Klan's best shot of breaking the mainstream, this album is fucking scary, I didn't realise girls could be gangsters too. If you're a 3 Six Mafia fan, this one is for you. Over teh 26 tracks she gives you everything, from smoke out anthems to turnt up bangers. Willin 2 Die is one of the best tracks of the year too
4. Tink - Boss Up
Tink's my boo, she's the only thing i've been listening to in the last week. Kilo, Versace (Remix) and the Young Chop produced More are fucking killer tracks. She's gonna be huge, get in early so you can be all I told you so come the time she tops 2014 lists.
3. Cakes Da Killa - The Eulogy
This dude can rap, like really, really good. I was in awe the first time I played this. He's definitely the best of the 'queer rappers', and the most slept on. He's funny, clever and has a great ear for beats, you should really download it right now.
2. Yung Lean - Unknown Death 2002
Haters gon hate. The best selection of beats ever assembled on a mixtape (that's right, I said it), and the raps actually add to it. At first I was wary, but then I came to the conclusion he's just a kid making music with his friends, having fun, and he created something special. I've listened to this mixtape through more than anything else this year, creates a vibe like nothing else. All the accusations of him bastardizing hip hop culture are completely idiotic too I might add.
1. Key Nyata - The Shadowed Diamond
The most polished Raider Klan release yet, I thought it wouldn't compliment their whole vibe, but it actually works really well. Actually being able to make out what he's saying adds a lot to it. Lyrically one of the years best albums(although i'm not really about that life) and great production. YOU NEED TO HEAR THIS.

I'm going to go through some honourable emntions too, not linking them though as it'll take to much time.

Lil Bibby - Free Crack
Lil Durk - Signed To The Streets
Gucci Mane - He dropped about 12 mixtapes this year, they all sound exactly the same, just pick a random one.
The Devil - Harbinger
Le1f - Fly Zone
Future & Freeband Gang - The Movie
Rome Fortune - Beautiful Pimp
Freindzone - Kuchbiru Network 3
Tree - Sunday School 2
Action Bronson & Party Supplies - Blue Chips 2
Main Attrakionz - Mondre & Squadda dropped loads of stuff this year, if you're a fan get on them, i still need to listen to some of it too
Lil Pain - When Thugs Cry
TRPL BLK - Big Dick Niggas Eat Pussy Too
Roc Marciano - The Pimpire Strikes Back
Don Christian - The Wayfayer
Migos - Young Rich Niggas
King L - Jeep Music
Katie Got Bandz - Drillary Clinton
Young Scooter - Street Lottery
Kevin Gates - Both his mixtapes this year are dope
Lil B - Pretty Young Thug (although his 2013 tapes have been major let downs, going a whole year without a classic from Lil B is almost unthinkable)

There's loads more too, really great year for hip hop.

Thanks! Heard only one or two. Amber London's mixtape is awesome.
  • Visit poster's website
bongritsu
电子人 ( cyborg)

Canada

• Posted: 12/14/2013 19:29
  • Post subject:
GeevyDallas wrote:

I actually agree, but lil b is gonna drop 05 fuck em soon to save the game.

Link

Link

The cuts from it are really good. I think it will be a very rare release

I FEEL DISCRIMINATED AGAINST AS A PERSON OF JUDGEMENT.
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website
nutso42

• Posted: 12/14/2013 23:42
  • Post subject:
an_outlaw wrote:
2013 was a good year.

Best summary I've seen yet.
GeevyDallas
WATTBA

• Posted: 12/15/2013 03:26
  • Post subject: