2014: A new year for self improvement!

View previous topic :: View next topic
Kiki

• Posted: 12/29/2013 20:47
  • Post subject: 2014: A new year for self improvement!
think I have done so much better with music in 2013 than I had done in 2012. I feel I have taken down some of my old prejudices and listen to music while not trying to take myself too seriously. I feel I have had a lot of fun with music I believed in my teenage years to be below me. Truth, I am not "too good" for any music.

I started to be more open around March time this year. This got me thinking "Hey, a whole new year is starting soon! Perhaps I can do better in 2014?". I will as well. Because I feel I've learned so much this year. Smile

Does anyone want to join me with a new enjoyment in music? Cast down critical judgment where it isn't needed and try to take it all a little easy. It doesn't mean you can't say bad things about music any more and I certainly can't control what you do. Just... try to cut it down at least. Give an album a break if it isn't what you want to hear right now. That song doesn't literally make you want to cut out your ears and I am sure others find enjoyment in it and this isn't a bad thing.

So... 2014. It takes twice the effort to be positive than negative. I'll be doing better this year. The world of music is out there and it is all for you! How will you spend your time with it?

• Posted: 12/29/2013 21:13
  • Post subject:
Sounds great Outlaw. Very Happy I don't really have a problem with being overly critical about music or being prejudiced about certain music or anything, so perhaps I can improve in different ways...hmm...I'll be thinking about it. Smile

Edit: I'm actually probably not going to listen to as much music in 2014, since I plan to read all the books I own but haven't read next year, since I have like 80 something of them I still need to read (my girlfriend is even worse than me in that regard) XD Though I'll probably forget to read and just listen to a bunch of music so I don't know. Razz