Anyone use Spotify?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
View previous topic :: View next topic
sp4cetiger

• Posted: 01/14/2014 08:21
  • Post subject:
lethalnezzle wrote:
Tbh I was just giving the other side since nobody else was. There are certain albums that I fell in love with in a big way prior to my mp3 days that shaped my listening (would I have spent days on end listening to It Takes a Nation of Millions... or Wowee Zowee on repeat if I hadn't just spent my pocket money on them?), but I definitely feel there has been a change for the better.

Fair enough, your musings are always welcome, I just don't want to give the impression that I'm avidly anti-piracy. I got my first cease-and-desist from the Lennon/Ono lawyers when I was 15, so I'm very sympathetic to illegal downloading. Wink

• Posted: 01/14/2014 09:44
  • Post subject:
It's hard to believe that people are not just consumming albums, when most people around here change their chart like I change my knickers! Very Happy

I guess I just like things that are 'real' in a tangible sense. I like the smell and feel of vinyl and the memories it provokes which I just don't get from a digital library (be it legal or illegal)! To me the digital seems somehow dispsable and as transient as the air I breathe. I have the same feelings towards books v. ebooks as well... I am also now at an age where physical reminders have become increasingly more important to me... Old, senile crazy cat ladies need some semblance of normality to cling on to! Very Happy

Plus my record collection is worth a mint (based on a recent insurance evaluation)... Should see me right in my frail old dotage... I bet your digital library (illegal or otherwise) won't do that! Razz

• Posted: 01/14/2014 09:46
  • Post subject:
It's hard to believe that people are not just consumming albums, when most people around here change their chart like I change my knickers! Very Happy

I guess I just like things that are 'real' in a tangible sense. I like the smell and feel of vinyl and the memories it provokes which I just don't get from a digital library (be it legal or illegal)! To me the digital seems somehow dispsable and as transient as the air I breathe. I have the same feelings towards books v. ebooks as well... I am also now at an age where physical reminders have become increasingly more important to me... Old, senile crazy cat ladies need some semblance of normality to cling on to! Very Happy

Plus my record collection is worth a mint (based on a recent insurance evaluation)... Should see me right in my frail old dotage... I bet your digital library (illegal or otherwise) won't do that! Razz