The leveling system

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic
Precedent

• Posted: 03/12/2014 23:08
  • Post subject:
MrFrogger wrote:
Man, it creates some pretty fantastic comments, such as "Great Song" and "Decent Song". Oh and thousands more exactly like it.

Party
MrFrogger
Where am I

United States

• Posted: 03/12/2014 23:15
  • Post subject:
Precedent wrote:
Party

You've left over 4,000 comments, the most of any user ever. Basically what i'm saying is please stop, you're just producing garbage.
  • Visit poster's website
Precedent

• Posted: 03/12/2014 23:17
  • Post subject:
MrFrogger wrote:
You've left over 4,000 comments, the most of any user ever. Basically what i'm saying is please stop, you're just producing garbage.

I figured that people were annoyed by them. I've let up on the mass commenting. Smile
Cartesius

• Posted: 03/12/2014 23:51
  • Post subject:
@Precedent

Your comments were really sad man, although I don't like some comments like "this is sure not better than the 'critically acclaimed album by the band' ", at least they give me an idea of what to listen, just saying it's good or bad just makes me mad. and your comments would be on every single album and some songs I went to check out Laughing

I do apreciate comments like the style/genre of the songs, a feeling you got when listening to it or some history of what you were through and that song/album accompanied you through it.

Last edited by Cartesius on 03/13/2014 00:06; edited 1 time in total
satiemaniac

• Posted: 03/12/2014 23:53
  • Post subject:
MrFrogger wrote:

Cartesius wrote:
Laughing
albummaster
Janitor

Site Admin

• Posted: 03/13/2014 09:13
  • Post subject:
MrFrogger wrote:
Man, it creates some pretty fantastic comments, such as "Great Song" and "Decent Song". Oh and thousands more exactly like it.

Agree, it gets misused. The 'helpful' comment voting system was implemented to try and police this but it's not really working as intended. I can see the system being changed soon, with possibly only up-voted comments counting for points, or the points per comment being reduced to counteract people trying to game the system. Also, on my list is more active monitoring to check for people spamming the system - perhaps a hall of fame to show users with the average shortest comment, their number of unique words, or the number of comments added in the last 24 hours per user (or a combination of all of this).

Site rule 8: BestEverAlbums uses a points system to determine the functionality that is available to each member. Forum posts, comments or ratings may be removed if they are deemed to be made to artificially inflate a member's score and/or are not adding to the discussion. Members who are found to be doing this on a frequent basis may be banned from the site.
  • Visit poster's website
CubaZed

• Posted: 03/13/2014 14:26
  • Post subject:
albummaster wrote:
Agree, it gets misused. The 'helpful' comment voting system was implemented to try and police this but it's not really working as intended. I can see the system being changed soon, with possibly only up-voted comments counting for points, or the points per comment being reduced to counteract people trying to game the system.

The latter option is probably better as not everyone would sift through comments just to upvote/downvote them.