You're Alright - Cassini Meet Saturn

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic
Puncture Repair

• Posted: 04/16/2014 08:57
  • Post subject:
Hayden wrote:
I actually like that Shy Little Town is separated from the track Burning Light, I think that was a cool call. I think you missed an opportunity by not transitioning Sky Little Town into State of Mind though (instead of that 6-7 gap of silence). It would have been one of those "gwaaa, so good" moments.

'The Passenger' is really well done too, especially for a transition track, so kudos for that. And, like I said before, the cover is nice.

My favourite song is probably the title track though. It's fantastic Smile Really beautiful for that matter.

I hear a lot of Cut Copy in this, especially later on. Did you do all the production/ synths yourself?

All the production was by me, but I can't say I made any of the synths from scratch - I might have played about with how they sounded a little bit here and there though. Really appreciate your comments as always, Hayden Smile

harkan wrote:
Got me on a generous day Puncture. Paid for the download.

Will listen and get back to you.

EDIT:

This is a brilliant album. Glad I paid for it.

There are various influences in here but one I got the most was on the track 'State of Mind'; you are almost channeling Iva Davies from Icehouse at the start. Maybe not an intentional influences but it's what I heard.

Ah, money is always welcome, thank you! I've never heard Iva Davies, but I'll have to check him out for sure. Great to hear you enjoyed it.
NickVolos
Segnahc Reve4

Location: Land of the Argonauts, Centaurs and other such creatures
Greece

• Posted: 04/16/2014 09:12
  • Post subject:
Thanks for the download. Smile Vocals & melodies sound great. I listened to it after The Soft Bulletin, so it sounded a bit underproduced - could have been spiced-up abit... Great effort though overall. Applause
For worship, being born among these trees?"
  • Visit poster's website
Puncture Repair

• Posted: 04/16/2014 18:58
  • Post subject:
NickVolos wrote:
Thanks for the download. Smile Vocals & melodies sound great. I listened to it after The Soft Bulletin, so it sounded a bit underproduced - could have been spiced-up abit... Great effort though overall. Applause

Heh, trying to spice things up is 90% of my time when recording music, but I could never compete with one of the great produced albums with what's available to me in my bedroom Razz

Great to see you like it Smile