Album of the day (#1313): Rust Never Sleeps

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic
henrygreen0203

• Posted: 06/30/2014 18:05
  • Post subject:
To me, the aspect that really makes this an interesting album is the lyrics in some of the songwriting. The "After the Gold Rush" track from 1970 was a really unique tune from the pen of Neil Young. Here he was singing about medieval times and silver spaceships and people moving to different planets because they had destroyed their own. On this album he introduces songs that range from creative and thoughtful to just plain weird. "Thrasher" and "Powderfinger" present the best lyrics, though it is not at all apparent what the songs are really about. Meanwhile, "Ride my Llama" discusses riding llamas across the world and playing guitar music with martians. In "Pocahontas" we find Young and the infamous Indian girl sitting around the fire with actor Marlon Brando. "Sedan Delivery" talks about Caesar and Cleo making love in the Milky Way and "Welfare Mothers"......I don't even know what to say about that tune.

In short, the lyrics presented here are interesting and unique, and it is for that reason that I recommend this album for those who are looking for something a little different.
  • Visit poster's website