2013 NHL Season

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18
View previous topic :: View next topic
Necharsian
Best Ever User

Canada

• Posted: 07/02/2014 03:43
  • Post subject:
Well lockouts aren't caused by large contracts, but by owners wanting a bigger portion of the revenues. So it won't matter what orpik is making.

Buutt while I definitely agree with you on most of those (orpik and bolland in particular), I'm pretty ok with Pouliot. He's been pretty underrated up until now and although I think 5 years is too long, he's what the oilers needed (good top 9 depth).

I'll also add Calgary signing engelland as another awful contract but maybe they're making a push for mcdavid haha.

There were also quite a few good deals as well. Ehrhoff, Richards, goc, Gilbert, Hemsky all signed good deals. Oh and the stars are going to be really fun to watch next year. I'm getting game center for sure just so I can watch them
  • Visit poster's website
junodog4
Future Grumpy Old Man

Canada

• Posted: 07/08/2014 02:16
  • Post subject:
Necharsian wrote:
Well lockouts aren't caused by large contracts, but by owners wanting a bigger portion of the revenues. So it won't matter what orpik is making.

Buutt while I definitely agree with you on most of those (orpik and bolland in particular), I'm pretty ok with Pouliot. He's been pretty underrated up until now and although I think 5 years is too long, he's what the oilers needed (good top 9 depth).

I'll also add Calgary signing engelland as another awful contract but maybe they're making a push for mcdavid haha.

There were also quite a few good deals as well. Ehrhoff, Richards, goc, Gilbert, Hemsky all signed good deals. Oh and the stars are going to be really fun to watch next year. I'm getting game center for sure just so I can watch them

Engelland is Shane O'Brien all over again. Maybe without the love of The Roxy. Brutal signing.