Flagged post 2000 albums

View previous topic :: View next topic
Norman Bates

France

• Posted: 07/15/2014 10:16
  • Post subject: Flagged post 2000 albums
Am I the only who gets annoyed at the fact that albums released from 2000 on are automatically flagged if the release date doesn't contain the exact day it was issued? Pretty stupid frankly.

I understand the need for this for 2014 releases, as the site needs to make sure the album is not actually an officially unreleased yet leak. But before? Come on.
  • Visit poster's website
albummaster
Janitor

Site Admin

• Posted: 07/15/2014 12:07
  • Post subject: Re: Flagged post 2000 albums
Norman Bates wrote:
Am I the only who gets annoyed at the fact that albums released from 2000 on are automatically flagged if the release date doesn't contain the exact day it was issued? Pretty stupid frankly.

I understand the need for this for 2014 releases, as the site needs to make sure the album is not actually an officially unreleased yet leak. But before? Come on.

This is part of a wider project to allow new and forthcoming releases to be highlighted, but also to provide other functionality such as sorting an artist's discography by date of release, highlight album anniversaries, provide more general stats etc. Related threads for this idea: http://www.besteveralbums.com/phpBB2/vi...php?t=7906 & http://www.besteveralbums.com/phpBB2/vi...php?t=6495

Obviously, it is bound to take time to back-populate the data for existing albums, which is why albums are being unlocked in small batches, but there's no huge rush to populate everything and it will probably take several months to complete.
  • Visit poster's website