Moderator, New Forum for Tournaments

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic

Poll: Should BEA have separate forums for 'Games' & 'Tournaments'?
Yes
73%
 73%  [11]
No
26%
 26%  [4]
Total Votes : 15

ShaneSpear
Thread Killah

United States

• Posted: 09/24/2014 20:11
  • Post subject:
nutso42 wrote:
Now the Games forum is an afterthought for me since I'm getting bloody sick of seeing something posted and a day later being shoved off the page

I just looked at the games forum, and there are still many threads on the page where the last post was "one day ago" (and one even that was "3 days ago")

If you have a game or want to participate in a non-tourney game and keep it at the top...all you have to due is post. When you post, magically the thread is at the top of the forum.

I think 2 tournaments at a time is very reasonable, considering they've been a major part of BEA for years now and almost always generate a lot of participation. To call for a "boycott" for this just because you don't like seeing all the tourney posts (bearing in mind everybody individually has control over the content in the forum by posting/participating/bumping) is silly.
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website
sp4cetiger

• Posted: 09/24/2014 21:34
  • Post subject:
ShaneSpear wrote:
I just looked at the games forum, and there are still many threads on the page where the last post was "one day ago" (and one even that was "3 days ago")

If you have a game or want to participate in a non-tourney game and keep it at the top...all you have to due is post. When you post, magically the thread is at the top of the forum.

I think 2 tournaments at a time is very reasonable, considering they've been a major part of BEA for years now and almost always generate a lot of participation. To call for a "boycott" for this just because you don't like seeing all the tourney posts (bearing in mind everybody individually has control over the content in the forum by posting/participating/bumping) is silly.

All of this, especially considering that one or more of our tournaments have gone on for over six months...
RockyRaccoon
Is it solipsistic in here or is it just me?

United States

• Posted: 09/24/2014 21:55
  • Post subject:
satiemaniac wrote:
i think the album/song below/above you thing should just be stickied in the Games forum as a big archive of recommendations back and forth between users since it's not really a "game" per se, but a different way of picking out what one listens to

I'm a fan of this idea

Early Psychedelic Rock

Electronic Chart
  • Visit poster's website
albummaster
Janitor

Site Admin

• Posted: 09/25/2014 12:45
  • Post subject:
ShaneSpear wrote:
I think 2 tournaments at a time is very reasonable, considering they've been a major part of BEA for years now and almost always generate a lot of participation.

I agree with this, I think a maximum of two tournaments at one time is the right level (any more than that just becomes difficult for everyone else to keep on top of). However, tournaments do generate a lot of threads, and I think, for this reason, I'm coming around to the idea of separating tournaments into their own sub-forum which could then be moderated separately by whichever people want to do this. It's far easier to separate out tournaments from games than for any of the other forums (e.g. trying to do the same thing with the Music forum is next to impossible). This would then leave all other games in their own forum where people can follow them more easily.

I think there's more benefit to change things than keeping them the same as it's clearly an issue for quite a few people. However, as suggested in this thread, a vote is in order as I don't think anything should be changed unless there's a consensus.

EDIT: Added a poll to the original post in this thread.
  • Visit poster's website
Skinny
birdman_handrub.gif

• Posted: 09/25/2014 13:00
  • Post subject:
It's not something I feel is entirely necessary, but it certainly wouldn't hurt, and people have given some pretty good reasons for splitting the two (potential participants not being able to find the games threads due to them being buried, etc.), so why not? I voted yes. And as for a tournament moderator, I generally think that's a pretty good idea too. One or two people that could just keep things ticking along, and remind users to post polls or whatever. All sounds pretty helpful to me.
JMan

• Posted: 09/25/2014 15:23
  • Post subject:
I don't think a tourney forum is necessary. How many non-tourney games do we have going on now? I mean,. I'm sure the interest in those games would raise a little if we had one, but the games forum was made for tournaments. I'd rather see a sports forum, because we get a few of those now and then and I think more sports threads would be a good idea.