Couple notes about the mobile experience

View previous topic :: View next topic
RockyRaccoon
Is it solipsistic in here or is it just me?

United States

• Posted: 01/27/2015 17:18
  • Post subject: Couple notes about the mobile experience
So I finally got internet back, but for the past month or so, I've been almost exclusively browsing BEA on my phone, and I just had a couple things that I noticed. I won't mention the layout and all, I know AM is totally aware of that and it's not really a big deal anyways.

1. Many many times, I will enter a rating on an album and when I refresh the page, the rating would be gone. Sometimes after entering and refreshing again it'll stay, but there have been multiple times that I've entered a rating on an album, like, 10 times and it won't stay. It was only ratings too, if I added an album as "listened" that typically stayed. Not sure if this is something exclusive to my phone or not.

2. I had to log in a lot. For whatever reason, no matter how many times I clicked "Remember me", it rarely remembered me. Sometimes it did, but often times I had to re-log in every time I visited BEA.

Those were really the only two major things I noticed that happened often. And in all honesty, they're only minor inconveniences, I just bring them up because I'm not sure if AM is aware that they happen. I also don't know if I'm the only one to experience these things or not, maybe I am and if that's the case, it's probably just my phone rather than BEA.

Early Psychedelic Rock

Electronic Chart
  • Visit poster's website
albummaster
Janitor

Site Admin

• Posted: 01/27/2015 18:59
  • Post subject:
Thanks for the feedback. People may know already that a lot of work is currently happening in the background on a site redesign, and this includes creating a responsive layout for mobile devices.

As part of the redesign, quite a few elements of the site will be changed to better support the mobile experience. The ratings interface is one of those areas that doesn't work at all well at the moment on touch screen devices & this is definitely going to be addressed as part of the redesign.

A month or so back, somebody else reported the issue about being logged out of the site in-between page loads. I'm not sure at the moment why this seems to happen on some tablets (Safari?), and not on desktop PCs as the code is the same for both. I'm still investigating to see how the problem is caused. If anybody else is having this issue, it would be great to hear which browser/OS combinations people are using.
  • Visit poster's website
RockyRaccoon
Is it solipsistic in here or is it just me?

United States

• Posted: 01/27/2015 20:26
  • Post subject:
Thanks AM! For me, it was using Safari on my phone where I had the login issue.

Early Psychedelic Rock

Electronic Chart
  • Visit poster's website
Patman360
Serenity Now

Ireland

• Posted: 01/27/2015 22:01
  • Post subject:
RockyRaccoon wrote:
Thanks AM! For me, it was using Safari on my phone where I had the login issue.

This happened me too on Safari on iOS, I'm currently using a Windows phone with Internet Explorer where the mobile site works really well actually, keeps me logged on and it's pretty easy to navigate,

• Visit poster's website
undefined

• Posted: 01/27/2015 22:27
  • Post subject:
strange, I use safari on iOS and have never had this problem. (then again, I haven't updated my phone in forever so it's probably a problem unique to newer versions of the OS and/or browser)