Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
View previous topic :: View next topic
benpaco
Who's gonna watch you die?

United States

• Posted: 03/31/2015 00:09
  • Post subject:
meccalecca wrote:
looks like i won the draft. the Ol Dirty Bastards are gonna steal all the bases.

If all goes the same as last year, all the players on my team would combine for 83 stolen bases. Desmond and Dee Gordon alone beat that Laughing

RockyRaccoon wrote:
Plus, I have Mookie Betts who is going to be a god amongst men.

Asked my dad if I should draft him, he said "he's barely even top 3 Mookies in sports"

Patman360 wrote:
The concept of drafts is lost on me...
I have no idea if I've a good team or not. Cool

IMO, your batting is pretty damn good, I think Walker's gonna have a comeback year and if McCann can get back to where he was with the Braves you could well be a powerhouse. Brandon Moss is one of the more underrated players this year too, I think. Only thing I'd change if I were you is to add another pitcher, you've got 4 batters on the bench and 1 pitcher, I usually keep 50/50 (or this year I guess I'll do 3 and 2).

. . . 2016 . . . 2015 . . .

Things I Make
  • Visit poster's website
benpaco
Who's gonna watch you die?

United States

• Posted: 03/31/2015 00:11
  • Post subject:
Oh also (separate post so it's not buried), how does DL work for this league? Does it take up a bench slot or is it it's own thing? A player I personally like who isn't well rated is hurt and will definitely miss some time, but if I pick him up, will I be able to put him on a DL list for now?

. . . 2016 . . . 2015 . . .

Things I Make
  • Visit poster's website
RockyRaccoon
Is it solipsistic in here or is it just me?

United States

• Posted: 04/01/2015 13:01
  • Post subject:
benpaco wrote:
Oh also (separate post so it's not buried), how does DL work for this league? Does it take up a bench slot or is it it's own thing? A player I personally like who isn't well rated is hurt and will definitely miss some time, but if I pick him up, will I be able to put him on a DL list for now?

The way DL works:

When you place a player on the DL, they do not count against your total number of players on your roster. You can only place a player in the DL slot if they are officially on the DL (you'll be able to tell because it'll say DL). So when you place a player on your team in the DL slot, you will then have an open roster spot to pick someone up. However, once that player in your DL spot comes off the DL, you will not be able to make any moves (i.e. pick up free agents, trades, stuff like that) until you take that player off of your DL spot and drop someone on your roster.

Now, if you want to pick up someone in the free agents who is currently on the DL, you'll have to drop someone on your roster, pick up the DL player, place him on the DL, then pick up the player you dropped (or someone else, doesn't matter).

Early Psychedelic Rock

Electronic Chart
  • Visit poster's website