NFL 2015 DRAFT

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic
Shepard

United States

• Posted: 04/30/2015 17:12
  • Post subject:
BurningBright wrote:
Shit, the Browns offered 2 first round picks for 2nd overall pick to draft Mariota. I'm not gonna lie, I'm not good (when I say not good, I mean I have no clue most of the time) with player analysis and predictions and shit like that. But reading into some of these reactions, I'm getting pretty nervous about all of this now. Only time will tell.

How confident are you in the coaching staff. I would say Mariota is fairly similar to RGIII, who has failed mainly due to injuries and coaching. I do think Mariota will be better at avoiding injuries, so it will likely come down to how well he is coached.
  • Visit poster's website
Anti
I Dream of Drone

United States

• Posted: 04/30/2015 17:23
  • Post subject:
Shepard wrote:
How confident are you in the coaching staff. I would say Mariota is fairly similar to RGIII, who has failed mainly due to injuries and coaching. I do think Mariota will be better at avoiding injuries, so it will likely come down to how well he is coached.

I definitely am more confident in our newer coaching staff than previous years. A lot of new guys, but they did a pretty good job last season (I'll take a 7-9 season over a 3-13 season!). And yeah, a lot of people are comparing Mariota to RGIII, which makes sense. I just hope our line can protect him well enough to prevent those injuries. Also, I believe we have a new offensive coordinator, so hopefully this guy will do the job.
Anti
I Dream of Drone

United States

• Posted: 05/01/2015 02:57
  • Post subject:
Okay, Danny Shelton makes me happy! We NEEDED to step up our run defense (32nd in the league??), and this big bastard will help! Not entirely sure about Cam Erving. I don't expect much his rookie season, but down the road I can see him coming through since Alex Mack will be gone! Plus, he's said to be versatile. He can play guard or even tackle, which is a plus I guess.
Shepard

United States

• Posted: 05/01/2015 04:03
  • Post subject:
BurningBright wrote:
Okay, Danny Shelton makes me happy! We NEEDED to step up our run defense (32nd in the league??), and this big bastard will help! Not entirely sure about Cam Erving. I don't expect much his rookie season, but down the road I can see him coming through since Alex Mack will be gone! Plus, he's said to be versatile. He can play guard or even tackle, which is a plus I guess.

I didn't have o-line as a major need for the browns, but if Mack is gonna be gone it makes sense to take him and let him develop. Strong, Smith, and Green-Beckham are still available, so they should be able address their receiver need, same goes for the Vikings (still not a big fan of the Waynes pick). Maxx Williams is also an option since Cameron took his talents to south beach. If they are willing to take a risk on his character Randy Gregory could be a huge steal.

What are your thoughts on the Browns new uniforms? I think they look alright, but I don't really think they should have been changed.
  • Visit poster's website
RockyRaccoon
Is it solipsistic in here or is it just me?

United States

• Posted: 05/01/2015 04:29
  • Post subject:
Looks like the Ravens drafted Travis Taylor again wheeeeee

Early Psychedelic Rock

Electronic Chart
  • Visit poster's website
Anti
I Dream of Drone

United States

• Posted: 05/01/2015 19:40
  • Post subject:
Shepard wrote:
What are your thoughts on the Browns new uniforms? I think they look alright, but I don't really think they should have been changed.

I think they're pretty cool, but I'm definitely not head over heels for them. The one thing I do like about them, though, is how it says Cleveland on the chest instead of Browns. It brings in the city as part of the team, which I really like.
Shepard

United States

• Posted: 05/01/2015 21:21
  • Post subject:
BurningBright wrote:
I think they're pretty cool, but I'm definitely not head over heels for them. The one thing I do like about them, though, is how it says Cleveland on the chest instead of Browns. It brings in the city as part of the team, which I really like.

I just don't know if I can get behind any new uniform without two toned helmets or alarm clock numbers.
  • Visit poster's website