Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic
craola
crayon master

United States

• Posted: 05/13/2015 16:49
  • Post subject:
Gowi wrote:
Man you guys need to get a cohesive internet; or your providers in your area need to up their quality. Razz

I think that websites like Spin need to not shit all over the internet if they want people to actually frequent their pages.
mickilennial
The Most Trusted Name in News

Poland

• Posted: 05/13/2015 16:54
  • Post subject:
craola wrote:
I think that websites like Spin need to not shit all over the internet if they want people to actually frequent their pages.

This is how blog lists work, they would sacrifice far more traffic if they didn't. The majority of internet browsers have a competent enough of an internet or computer to manage this; though some tablets, lower end machines may be left out yeah but they don't in the big picture lose anything from that. Basically, in the scheme of things you are the minority when it comes to traffic.

Website loads fine for me.
  • Visit poster's website
lightmyway
Swimming into view

United States

• Posted: 05/13/2015 19:17
  • Post subject: Re: Spin's Top 300 of the past 30 years.
sp4cetiger wrote:
Wait, wasn't Spin the magazine that didn't even think Nevermind was the best album of its year?

I like the list, though. Fairly diverse (as these lists go anyway) and there's not much in the top 50 that I really dislike.

Most publications didn't give it to Nevermind then though. Rolling Stone gave it to Achtung Baby or something and I don't think most of the british ones were into it yet. I always thought it was cool that Spin picked Bandwagonesque over the super-hyped albums from U2 and REM, those are the albums I was surprised to see Teenage Fanclub beat, not Nevermind.
  • Visit poster's website
craola
crayon master

United States

• Posted: 05/13/2015 19:53
  • Post subject: Re: Spin's Top 300 of the past 30 years.
lightmyway wrote:
Most publications didn't give it to Nevermind then though. Rolling Stone gave it to Achtung Baby or something and I don't think most of the british ones were into it yet. I always thought it was cool that Spin picked Bandwagonesque over the super-hyped albums from U2 and REM, those are the albums I was surprised to see Teenage Fanclub beat, not Nevermind.

it's more the irony that spin's third best album from 1991 is also spin's greatest album of the last thirty years.
lightmyway
Swimming into view

United States

• Posted: 05/13/2015 23:36
  • Post subject:
About the list though, I do like it, although it feels really random the way a lot of Spin's lists do these days. Only Spin would put Exile in Guyville in the top 10 of a list like this. And any other site would have had Turn on the Bright Lights in the top 50, minimum. It's cool though. I am really surprised they only put OK Computer at #6, I believe it was #1 on the 20th anniversary list they did 10 years ago. And my boy Prince in the top 3, hell yeah, too bad his two best albums (1999 and Purple Rain) weren't eligible. Also happy to see P4K's presence in the top 100 is limited. We should poll our own list with this theme.
  • Visit poster's website
zdwyatt

United States

• Posted: 05/14/2015 13:02
  • Post subject:
Apart from quibbling over ranking (Liz Phair at #7 Shame on you ), this is a decent list. Happy to see Live Through This so high up there, and happy that Songs From the Big Chair made the list at all.
  • Visit poster's website