Apple vs Taylor Swift

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
View previous topic :: View next topic
meccalecca
Voice of Reason

United States

• Posted: 06/25/2015 16:55
  • Post subject:
Was just reading that Swift has agreed to stream 1989 on Apple Music. During it's 3 week free trial Apple Music will be paying artists $0.002 per stream. According to numbers i've seen, Spotify pays between $0.006 and $0.0084 per stream. So it appears Swift has really brought home the bacon with a major victory for artists vs streaming services.
  • Visit poster's website
JOSweetHeart

• Posted: 06/25/2015 17:32
  • Post subject:
shoopadoowop wrote:
Ok first off, I know you didn't say that, and if you thought it then why would you argue something that can be used against you? Second, you're really putting words into my mouth. Since when was this ever about anyones favourite artist, and since when have I ever been mad? All I'm saying is that Taylor Swift doesn't deserve praise for simply looking out for herself, it's what any artist would've done. Now as for the whole "Taylor said it first so that's why she deserves praise" you realize that Apple Music had literally just been announced? It was only a matter of time until someone said something, it wasn't like Swift had the balls to say what no one else did, she was just making sure she made money off her music, that is literally it. To say someone deserves praise for thinking they should make money off their music is ridiculous.

Now one thing I don't think you're taking into consideration is what the OP mentioned:

This is very possible, in which case Swift wasn't looking out for anyone, she was just making herself and Apple look better.

The reason why I say certain things is because to me they need saying, whether they can be "used against me" as you say here or not and I don't believe that Taylor was looking out for herself or the message that she wrote would have been all about her, but it wasn't. It was about those who were going to take the hardest hit and no, what she said is not what any artist would have said because there are some out there who wouldn't have cared enough about the other impacted people in order to actually say something about them in their defense. And the last thing that you say in your message here, to me, is most likely the main reason why not enough good is said and done anymore. People get too scared about what is going to be said in response to whatever it is that they would like to do or say. Well that right there is another reason why Taylor can't be praised enough. I am sure that its a safe bet that she knew that people would say that she only came forward the way that she came forward because of how good that it would make her look in return, but she didn't let that stop her from doing and saying what she knew in her heart was the right thing to do and say. Let me guess. That is another reason why you have given her this much grief and now of course, me this much grief. You are tearing into her and me both because its all that you can do because you know that you really don't have the ability to stop either one of us from doing or saying whatever it is that makes sense to us. If I am right, then its a dead end road that you are traveling down there, but hey! If that is the road that you want to be on, its only going to be your time that is wasted by doing such a thing, so have at it if that is what done with your time because after all, it is your time that can't be given back to you. If anything, you are actually handing it over to whoever it is that you are trashing and when you do such a thing, you only give them the ability to use it to their own advantage since it does keep them in the spotlight longer, so I guess that what I am saying to you now is, thank you for making me and Taylor both look even better when all is said and done! Laughing Laughing Laughing

God bless you and Taylor always!!! Smile Smile Smile

Holly

Check him out here when you can!
  • Visit poster's website
Antonio-Pedro
Subspace Highway Traveler

Brazil

• Posted: 06/25/2015 17:58
  • Post subject:
meccalecca wrote:
Was just reading that Swift has agreed to stream 1989 on Apple Music.

Booya
shoopadoowop

Canada

• Posted: 06/25/2015 19:01
  • Post subject:
JOSweetHeart wrote:
The reason why I say certain things is because to me they need saying, whether they can be "used against me" as you say here or not and I don't believe that Taylor was looking out for herself or the message that she wrote would have been all about her, but it wasn't. It was about those who were going to take the hardest hit and no, what she said is not what any artist would have said because there are some out there who wouldn't have cared enough about the other impacted people in order to actually say something about them in their defense. And the last thing that you say in your message here, to me, is most likely the main reason why not enough good is said and done anymore. People get too scared about what is going to be said in response to whatever it is that they would like to do or say. Well that right there is another reason why Taylor can't be praised enough. I am sure that its a safe bet that she knew that people would say that she only came forward the way that she came forward because of how good that it would make her look in return, but she didn't let that stop her from doing and saying what she knew in her heart was the right thing to do and say. Let me guess. That is another reason why you have given her this much grief and now of course, me this much grief.

I hate having conversations that go in circles, and I hate having to repeating myself due to you not reading what I said clearly. Not only are you taking this entire conversation the wrong way, but you're also taking this thread the wrong way. Since you clearly aren't grasping what I'm trying to say, let me make it as clear as possible for you:

I do not dislike Taylor Swift or what she did. You say that I and everyone else are giving Taylor Swift grief, yet I don't entirely understand where you're getting this from.
shoopadoowop wrote:
There's nothing wrong with liking Taylor Swift

shoopadoowop wrote:
I'm not saying Taylor Swift is a bad person, and I have nothing against her

Now as for this right here:
JOSweetHeart wrote:
You are tearing into her and me both because its all that you can do because you know that you really don't have the ability to stop either one of us from doing or saying whatever it is that makes sense to us. If I am right, then its a dead end road that you are traveling down there, but hey! If that is the road that you want to be on, its only going to be your time that is wasted by doing such a thing, so have at it if that is what done with your time because after all, it is your time that can't be given back to you. If anything, you are actually handing it over to whoever it is that you are trashing and when you do such a thing, you only give them the ability to use it to their own advantage since it does keep them in the spotlight longer, so I guess that what I am saying to you now is, thank you for making me and Taylor both look even better when all is said and done! Laughing Laughing Laughing

What you've just demonstrated is how not to have a healthy discussion on things, you've turned a simple innocent argument into something personal, and that is not good. What I want to make clear is that I do not have anything against you, or your opinion.

My final point that I'm going to bring out, that evidently was not clear in my other posts, is that what Taylor Swift said makes her look good, not bad, and she's not getting grief for what she did, she's getting praise. I believe what you said didn't need to be said, because it had already been said before. What did need to be said however was that Taylor Swift did what she did with herself in mind. Did it benefit other musicains? Sure, but what she did not only helped her make more money, but it also made her look good, so to say that she did it selflessly and that it had a negative effect on her isn't entirely logical.

Now, unless you have new, valid, and logical points to make that are going to bring something to this conversation, I'd rather not continue having this conversation, otherwise I'm willing to talk about it.
  • Visit poster's website
JOSweetHeart

• Posted: 06/26/2015 01:03
  • Post subject:
^^^ And just how do you for sure that she had herself in mind when she said what it is that she had to say? Do you keep a 24-7 surveillance over what goes on up there inside her head? No, but do please continue with whatever it is that you have to say about her because the more that her name is ran down, the more that her price goes up. If anyone has her in their mind, its people like you and when all is said and done, it will be very much appreciated! Thank you for keeping people like her front and center where they belong! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Holly

• Visit poster's website
shoopadoowop

Canada

• Posted: 06/26/2015 01:06
  • Post subject:
JOSweetHeart wrote:
^^^ And just how do you for sure that she had herself in mind when she said what it is that she had to say? Do you keep a 24-7 surveillance over what goes on up there inside her head? No, but do please continue with whatever it is that you have to say about her because the more that her name is ran down, the more that her price goes up. If anyone has her in their mind, its people like you and when all is said and done, it will be very much appreciated! Thank you for keeping people like her front and center where they belong! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Holly
shoopadoowop wrote:
Now, unless you have new, valid, and logical points to make that are going to bring something to this conversation, I'd rather not continue having this conversation, otherwise I'm willing to talk about it.

It was nice talking to you.
  • Visit poster's website
JOSweetHeart

• Posted: 06/26/2015 01:46
  • Post subject:
^^^ Thank you for being you because its actually such a help in the long run. Smile Smile Smile

God bless you always!!! Smile Smile Smile

Holly

• Visit poster's website
Saoirse

• Posted: 06/26/2015 16:03
  • Post subject:
Taylor Swift like Apple are, naturally, trying to take over the world, so they are easy soulmates. "Welcome to New York".