Kissing The Plinth: A Cosmic Pilgrimage

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
View previous topic :: View next topic
Tap
to resume download

United States

• Posted: 12/22/2015 02:22
  • Post subject:
Oh I guess the mix is actually this one from 2012 https://m.soundcloud.com/methlab-record...ethlab-mix but yeah that's the EP
  • Visit poster's website
SquishypuffDave

Australia

• Posted: 01/02/2016 04:55
  • Post subject:

Garden Of Delete by Oneohtrix Point Never

I was pretty late to get on to this one. Wasn't totally sold on R Plus Seven, but this one is like a combination of all my favourite aspects of his previous work. Loving the weird vocal manipulation. So alien. Every now and then it slithers up to the TV screen to watch some impossibly happy pop diva dancing to a catchy tune, and the creature tries to rearrange its tentacles to imitate her beauty; glimmers of humanity emerge and recede in its undulating dance - for a split second we see a beautiful face, but the jawbones twist and the muscles spasm, the nose sinks back into the swirling mass. The shape cannot be held for long. This album is Scarlett Johansson in Under The Skin just before being doused with gasoline.

Aftertouches by Kara-Lis Coverdale

A dividesbyzero rec. It's as good as anything I've heard this/last year. It's like finding a giant angelic machine on a mountaintop surrounded by mist, and you pull a lever and it whirs to life. It's very old and bits of it are broken but it's still the most beautiful thing. You walk around adjusting different pieces trying to get it back to how it originally looked, and each time you do, something new and beautiful springs out of it and you just sit and watch this new piece do a jerky little dance, and it's simultaneously joyous and mournful. You take notes and rest your head against it as it hums. You camp there for a few days and slowly your food supply diminishes. You watch the sparrows nesting in mountains. There are prickly bushes growing from the cracks between the rocks. You wonder if you could grow crops here.
  • Visit poster's website
Pentagonal

• Posted: 01/03/2016 09:07
  • Post subject:
SquishypuffDave wrote:
Garden Of Delete by Oneohtrix Point Never

I was pretty late to get on to this one. Wasn't totally sold on R Plus Seven, but this one is like a combination of all my favourite aspects of his previous work.

I felt similarly, Garden's eclectic mix hit the spot for my tastes. Check out Arca's latest as well, if you haven't already. It's Scarlet impaled with a thousand carefully placed needles rather than pre-gasoline-dousing.
SquishypuffDave

Australia

• Posted: 03/30/2016 10:32
  • Post subject:
Working through Akira Rabelais' discography now after hearing Zauberberg, probably my favourite release so far this year.

This seems to be the most popular

Spellewauerynsherde by Akira Rabelais

and yeah it's beautiful. Some of the audio manipulations work better than others; not sure if the really digitized-sounding tracks vibe so well with the ones that retain the more organic quality of the original recordings. There's kind of a whiplash effect where one moment you feel like you've been transported to the middle ages and then the next moment you're reminded of the artificial nature of what you're hearing as the waveforms break down. I still definitely recommend this. Strong melancholy haunting vibes here. Definitely going to revisit.
  • Visit poster's website