tracking in the ratings area

View previous topic :: View next topic
martintho
martintho

Norway

• Posted: 08/21/2016 02:58
  • Post subject: tracking in the ratings area
hey, AM. i love you. for this site, and for your kind spirit. i hope you don't ever die. you will, i guess, remember i asked you once what will happen to BEA if a double decker bus should crash into you, or something. you didn't have a soothing answer for that. you see, if this site disappears with you a very big part of my life would disappear simultaneously. i have spent thousands of hours here. commenting, administrating and maybe most of all rating: and here we are at the core of my question tonight (but i still hope you have a plan for BEA after you have disappeared from this earth of ours, and i would very much like to be calmed by your answer to this): i often try to find out what my favourite track by different artist are according to my own ratings. but because i have rated so many songs i spend a lot of my precious time to find out what that song is. do you know what i mean? to find my highest rated track by an artist beginning with perhaps the letter p i have to use a lot of time to find that in my list of ratings. is there a way that you can make this easier for me. maybe i am the only one with this "problem", and i know you are working with a lot of issues know, but if you could add this to your list i would be very pleased, although i am very pleased with BEA anyhow. cheers!
  • Visit poster's website
albummaster
Janitor

Site Admin

• Posted: 08/22/2016 08:35
  • Post subject: Re: tracking in the ratings area
I'm not planning on dying soon or giving up on the site so hopefully there's at least a few decades left for BEA and who knows what the internet will look like before then, or if it might even be superseded by something else.

I understand the problem with this, a similar issue was reported a couple of months back. The way I'm thinking of addressing this is to add some kind of search feature to allow people to search within their ratings / comments / favourites etc for particular items they've provided feedback on. As a workaround, I'd suggest exporting ratings to CSV and then you'd be able to open them in a spreadsheet and sort/filter them to your liking. I know it's a bit clunky to do this but for the moment it's the best option I can think of.

I've mentioned previously that I'm currently part-way through redesigning the whole site, and once that's done I'll be able to implement some of the ideas that have been reported in this forum over the past few months/years(?) that I've not been able to do yet because the site re-design is blocking my time up. The biggest priority for me right now on BEA is to modernise the site and have it behaving nicely across different types of mobile devices as this will increase usage of the site and (re-)engage more people.
  • Visit poster's website
RoundTheBend
I miss the comfort in being sad

United States

• Posted: 08/23/2016 05:25
  • Post subject:
Yes, the CSVs are awesome.

And also yes, this site and all the work AM does for it, is even more awesome.
  • Visit poster's website