66%
 66%  [34]
Total Votes : 51

Facetious

Pakistan

• Posted: 04/04/2012 14:34
  • Post subject:
sethmadsen wrote:
I think this one boils down to whether you are a bigger stones fan or beatles fan... however, I would like to point out that the White Album is not the Beatles best effort and Exile is the Stones (supposedly).

I'm not necessarily a bigger Stones fan or Beatles fan......I place these two albums almost equally.
And I disagree with you there. IMO, The Beatles IS The Beatles' best effort. Exile is the Stones' best too.
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website
armoury

United Kingdom

• Posted: 04/05/2012 14:07
  • Post subject:
"Exile.." by a whisker, the white album has too much filler for me personally
  • Visit poster's website
lancashirearab
A Porky Prime Cut

United Kingdom

• Posted: 04/05/2012 16:11
  • Post subject:
Exile is a great album, but I discovered it late in life. I grew up with the White Album. It was the coolest thing in my parents' collection and I played it often.
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website
Fischman
RockMonster, JazzMeister, Bluesboy,ClassicalMaster

United States

• Posted: 12/21/2016 20:30
  • Post subject:
There's just so much skippable crap on White. And it's so jumbled. Exile is far more cohesive.
  • Visit poster's website
Daydreamer

• Posted: 12/21/2016 22:38
  • Post subject:
Both are overrated and neither are their band's best.
I picked the White Album, it has more highlights although it's not as consitent as Exile.
  • Visit poster's website
RoundTheBend
I miss the comfort in being sad

United States

• Posted: 12/22/2016 03:44
  • Post subject:
Facetious wrote:
I'm not necessarily a bigger Stones fan or Beatles fan......I place these two albums almost equally.
And I disagree with you there. IMO, The Beatles IS The Beatles' best effort. Exile is the Stones' best too.

Wow, this is an old thread.

I think today I'd vote Exile, but my 2012 self would have voted White. And then a part of me is like... Rolling Eyes

Also, I think I am starting to understand why old timers here get board with these threads. They totally have their place because people honestly want to know what a group of "friends" thinks of the topic and that's not a bad thing... but it does get a bit boring after 5 years.
  • Visit poster's website
Fischman
RockMonster, JazzMeister, Bluesboy,ClassicalMaster

United States

• Posted: 12/22/2016 04:02
  • Post subject:
sethmadsen wrote:
Facetious wrote:

I think today I'd vote Exile, but my 2012 self would have voted White. And then a part of me is like... Rolling Eyes

Also, I think I am starting to understand why old timers here get board with these threads. They totally have their place because people honestly want to know what a group of "friends" thinks of the topic and that's not a bad thing... but it does get a bit boring after 5 years.

Unfortunately for those of you who've been around for five years, someone like me stops in who qualifies as an old timer but is new to the site, so the thread seems fresh.
  • Visit poster's website
RoundTheBend
I miss the comfort in being sad

United States

• Posted: 12/22/2016 04:23
  • Post subject:
Fischman wrote:
sethmadsen wrote:
Facetious wrote:

Unfortunately for those of you who've been around for five years, someone like me stops in who qualifies as an old timer but is new to the site, so the thread seems fresh.

Oh for sure. I'm speaking to some discussions before that said they were sick of threads like this (big band threads in general) and in the past I'd say well, let people talk about music however they want. And you should. Nothing wrong with it. I'm just seeing how old it gets possibly for the first time.

But some have said that's why there's Rolling Stone... go read someone who actually knows what they are talking about when it comes to The Beatles/Stones, etc.... but guess what... I want to know what average Joe thinks about it... so carry on. Just joining the two discourses.
  • Visit poster's website