Fashion

View previous topic :: View next topic
Lowkey

United States

• Posted: 05/21/2017 14:46
  • Post subject: Fashion
Is anyone on here into fashion? It doesn't have to be contemporary or traditional, I'm just interested in having some fun discussion about fashion.

I'm personally into a bit of everything, but my style tends to be a mix of aesthetic streetwear and prep. I'm a big fan of Raf Simons, Alexander Wang, Palace, Fear Of God, etc.
  • Visit poster's website
Puncture Repair

• Posted: 05/22/2017 21:03
  • Post subject:
The school I attended for Sixth Form had a business attire uniform code. I actually really enjoyed it, and spent a great deal of time studying traditional male fashion (suits, blazers, etc.) and developed a real respect for it.

Obviously my university course had no uniform code, and, being a Graphic Design course, oversized T-Shirts and tracksuits were largely the go-to for most people. I'd developed a real expectation of dressing up that I looked like a bit of a ponce in comparison. I ended up dressing down quite a bit.

Fashion and dress-sense is still something I have an interest in. I like to dress well where I can, it makes me feel as though I'm equipping the day, and it keeps me alert and productive. As a by-product I do read fashion articles (usually male) and keep fairly up to date with it. As an illustrator its also invaluable to be educated about clothing, more so than I knew, so I can dress characters in appropriate attire.

That being said, while I'm an advocate for using clothing as art, I think 'fashion' in the sense of 'trendy' can be be very draining. People who adhere to the hottest trends don't come across well, and I prefer to steer away from popular fashion.

Good materials, good style, good fit - those things all appeal to me. What we choose to wear everyday is possibly the most simple but necessary form of self-expression - it irks me when people disregard it as something only self-centered.
Skinny
birdman_handrub.gif

• Posted: 05/23/2017 15:57
  • Post subject:
I spent >£400 on a Coogi sweater once, so to say I don't care about fashion is a lie. That said, I don't really follow any trends. Finna grab some AM95s in the near future, though. Kind of bored of rocking New Balance or Wallabees everywhere I go.
SquishypuffDave

Australia

• Posted: 05/25/2017 08:55
  • Post subject:
Yep.

I'm of the opinion that suits give you minor superpowers. Also got me an irridescent Marty McFly Jr hat, a scrappy Mad-Max looking jacket made of leftover brown leather, some John Lennon style shades, and a whole lot of random costume shit.
  • Visit poster's website