Mario Odyssey

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
Luigii

United States

• Posted: 06/16/2017 21:00
  • Post subject: Mario Odyssey
God I need this game right now. I loved the hell out of both Mario Galaxies as well as Mario 3D World, but Mario Odyssey just looks so divine. It might also be the game of the year for me. Especially with the game Breath of the Wild came out this year. Please October 27, come to us please. Very Happy
  • Visit poster's website
BowieGhostsBub

United States

• Posted: 06/23/2017 13:54
  • Post subject:
I feel you enthusiasm multiplied 10 fold. Odyssey is the next step from Mario 64 and Sunshine. It's a whole new beast separate from the Galaxies and 3D world. I've been waiting 10 years for this...
hereforashortime

United States

• Posted: 06/23/2017 21:42
  • Post subject:
It's been like 7 years since the last Mario Game so I'm really excited, kinda sucks how it takes forever for new
Mario games to come out and Mega Man games come out like every single year, it's really unfair.
Luigii

United States

• Posted: 06/23/2017 22:50
  • Post subject:
@BowieGhostsBub I love Both Galaxies and 3D World but Odyssey is that new beast. I think it's going to be better then both 64 and Sunshine due to the polish and refinements of the past 10 years of main Mario titles.
@hereforashortime The Mega Man games that have came out these past few years have just been collections. Plus it takes a main Mario game to come out due to the quality and rejuvenation of the franchise.
  • Visit poster's website
hereforashortime

United States

• Posted: 06/24/2017 20:13
  • Post subject:
Luigii wrote:
@BowieGhostsBub I love Both Galaxies and 3D World but Odyssey is that new beast. I think it's going to be better then both 64 and Sunshine due to the polish and refinements of the past 10 years of main Mario titles.
@hereforashortime The Mega Man games that have came out these past few years have just been collections. Plus it takes a main Mario game to come out due to the quality and rejuvenation of the franchise.

I was actually being sarcastic, I know there hasn't been an actual Mega Man Game for 7 years, and I want one to come out pretty badly
BowieGhostsBub

United States

• Posted: 06/24/2017 20:26
  • Post subject:
I understand you're megaman complaint. But though there are constantly new Mario games, there hasn't been a 3D one like Super Mario 64 and Mario Sunshine for over 10 years. Odyssey is in a sense the follow up to Sunshine like Sunshine was the follow up to 64. Long time coming. Thank goodness it's not another side scrolling "New" Mario Bros. or something like 3D World.
Luigii

United States

• Posted: 06/25/2017 23:21
  • Post subject:
@Bowie Honestly, the only good New Mario games were the original game for DS and the Wii U. Never cared for the Wii one and the on 3DS was boring. Hell I had more enjoyment on the Paper Mario game on 3DS and that's considered by most fans as Paper Mario's worst game. That to me speaks volumes.
@hereforashortime I know how you feel bruh.
  • Visit poster's website
BowieGhostsBub

United States

• Posted: 06/26/2017 00:06
  • Post subject:
Yeah Luigii! to me the the New Mario's were just all the same except like you said the DS one and the Wii U one which was a perfected version of the Wii U one. I need to play Paper Mario Thousand Year Door... I have it but have never played it. I played the original and it was just phenomenal.
Luigii

United States

• Posted: 06/26/2017 01:32
  • Post subject:
Here is my opinion of the Paper Mario games. The first one I think it's fantastic. To the point where I have played that game more often then the rest of the series. TTYD has probably the most nostalgic game out of the series due to getting it back on Christmas of 04 and think it is a great game. There are qualities that I feel it is the best of the series. But there are certain qualities from the game that I feel the subsequent games do better. Super Paper Mario to me is my personal favorite game of the series and still think it was the best of the series. Now Sticker Star I would say is the worst of the series, but compared to the countless folks on Youtube that go overboard on the game, I still feel it was a competent game. A flawed one but a competent one. And then the recent game Color Splash which I feel was pretty great due to the developers actually looking at the complaints and actually gave a game that had charm and was an enjoyable romp. I do feel that I could go into more detail but this response is as long as it is.
  • Visit poster's website
Luigii

United States

• Posted: 07/26/2017 23:40
  • Post subject:
Am I the only one here in this thread that has a Switch?
  • Visit poster's website